Alas, we've missed the Opportunity to right the wrongs BZ1

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

BZSubmaximal
Scrap

Alas, we've missed the Opportunity to right the wrongs BZ1

Post by BZSubmaximal »

I first commend Super Ken, for his efforts to resurrect the 1st PC game I ever fell in love with..BZ 1...And I recall a conversation I had with him as he began this process...he wasn't going to change the game...just fix it...But regrettably...the most glaring balance issue of 1.4 has been left un-corrected...

BZ 1 was a the birthplace and home of late night Bomber games...But as we all remember those games of the past..the Grendel was dominant..The Thunderbolt(although a FINE looking tank)..had the armor of Dollar Store Tin Foil...and It made fair play between grendels and T-bolts impossible...

Along comes the 1.5 patch...I asked a simple fix.."Give the Thunderbolt adequate armor".....Alas....I see no change...For all those Thunderbolt drivers of the past whole died and are no longer with us...I salute you...for the few of us who shall remain...the dream of real armor on our ship...has apparently died...like so many of the T-Bolt drivers of the past.
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Alas, we've missed the Opportunity to right the wrongs B

Post by Red Devil »

...and some people will pee on the mona lisa if they see some dust on it.
Apollo
Sabre

Re: Alas, we've missed the Opportunity to right the wrongs B

Post by Apollo »

BZSubmaximal, Bz1.5 is not the first of it's kind and I am i player from the begining of Bz.

The version i made had those things in mind, we have a small group of old timers and bombers, and yes, i did the thunderbolt thing probably 5 years ago. I even made host controls for bomber only games.

Come play the guys in a team bomber in BzE some evening.