BZ's Mag Arena

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: BZ's Mag Arena

Post by Ded10c »

Are you going to base that on some sort of reasoning or not? There is no wrong way to do things in creative arts. Including this. You can't "do it wrong".
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I agree with AHadley, don't throw stones if you don't like something, tell us your reasoning why.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Words to live by: ignore golem until he gets sent packing.
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Zax wrote:Words to live by: ignore golem until he gets sent packing.
Why? Can't we just treat him with the same respect as any other member based on what he does in this community.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Nielk1 wrote:
Zax wrote:Words to live by: ignore golem until he gets sent packing.
Why? Can't we just treat him with the same respect as any other member based on what he does in this community.
Believe me I've tried over the years. Quit trying. I suppose that's why I seem a bit harsh when I deal with them. Haven't interfaced with this child in literally years, and I mean years, since around 2007. I'm sure BZ2 has probably had the same persona, well. . . I'm sure you have, since we're at a new forum for exactly that reason. So yes, you know what I'm saying.

For example, here a PM tidbit I got from GolemJr. just a couple weeks ago. As I've said, in the BZ1 and BZE world, I've grown somewhat grateful for two servers. It filters off the morons.

"hey bro.. how is your hacked BZE game going.. i read much crap on that bz2 forum thing and u guys threw off spork with the mag arena map.. ok well the pic sucks, bze sucks, u suck, u should stop advertising your stupid bze mod of reaper's and thank god for bz1 that is better then your dang mod. i just hope one day that people will leave your mod and play bz1 cuz we all know which game is better and what u guys are trying to do. (coughs) destroy bz1 (coughs) l... me, spork, and the gang will not let that happen so we will get as much players we can to stop playing bze and go back to bz1!! btw u might as well give up and join us."

FOR BZ1 1.5 UNHACKABLE!!. GOLEM JR.!
felix.akkermans@gmail.com
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Frankly, I'd take BZ1 over BzE any day, but certainly not the copy they're all on.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

AHadley wrote:Frankly, I'd take BZ1 over BzE any day, but certainly not the copy they're all on.
I've never understood that for many reasons, (refering to all of BZ1.4 and most of BZ1.5).

BZE has all of BZ1.4 MP DM and strat in it. Every stock map with every stock ship. BZE has an audio notification lobby, the game setup screen has numerous additional toggles, has more in-game resolution, the windowed lobby can be re-sized, moved and minimized, and will pop to the game resolution you have set once the game starts. Has ship hull ricochet sound for near snipe misses. Uses Dx9. Has exposed IP in the lobby. Fixes the E-W bug, and several others most players would not/do not even notice.

That's just the beginning. . .

Then layer on many additional BZ ship only maps, BZE only ships and maps, BoP ships and maps. BZ/BZE hybrid maps. And contrary to the claims of the goofballs, BZE has yet to be hacked.

The only thing BZE lacks is the old SP campaign. But it does offer a taste of IA with a few missions.

As I said, I've heard your statement before, but the reasoning or excuse is usually weak, non-existent or just plain untrue propaganda.

Call the game old. . yes. Maybe even BZ1.5 has one or two slight advantages (convergence fire for the Golem for example). But saying BZ1.4, and BZ1.5 is better, just makes no sense. BZE is far and away better if you consider the content and gameplay. To compare it is just embarrassing.
Last edited by Psychedelic Rhino on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

AHadley wrote:Frankly, I'd take BZ1 over BzE any day, but certainly not the copy they're all on.
Again, what is your reasoning? I don't believe anyone has seen you in the game before.

I think 5 games was resently played in the original Bz, i don't count mods, they are community made.

Golem jr has made his ad hominem claims on 3 forums now and refuses to offer any proof to back it up.
This is why i say he's just another Griefer.

BFT i made one single player mission so far, the chinese flag starts it.
Last edited by Apollo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:The only thing BZE lacks is the old SP campaign.
Apollo wrote:I don't believe anyone has saw you in the game before.
I don't particularly like BZ1's flavour of multiplayer (and I'm not too sure on BZ2's either). It's the story and singleplayer missions that made me love the game. So BzE lacking these is kind of a major downpoint for me.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Ok but BzE is still in development, that is why i only have one single player mission done, it takes time to learn how to script the missions. A campaign is much more involved, i'm not into doing story boards etc...

So if you don't like Bz multiplayer why single out BzE when you don't like any version of Bz.

I take it you don't play IA or MPI much either?
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

The reason why I find the comparison of BZ1.4 and 1.5 is better than BZE grating, is because the vast majority of it has come from people who have never tried the mod, and can be quickly identified as squabble merchants after a very short discussion. They have been fed the propaganda from the flock, and swallow it without a second thought.

I would actually welcome a true and honest comparison of MP DM and Strat from those who prefer 1.4 and 1.5, but have yet to see it.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Notice how this turned into trying to ship BzE.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Apollo wrote:Ok but BzE is still in development, that is why i only have one single player mission done, it takes time to learn how to script the missions. A campaign is much more involved, i'm not into doing story boards etc...

So if you don't like Bz multiplayer why single out BzE when you don't like any version of Bz.

I take it you don't play IA or MPI much either?
I didn't single out BzE; I was responding to the PM BFT posted form Golem. It was an "I may not like BzE much, but it's better than yours any day of the week". I don't mind playing IA or MPI, but only when the missions have some structure (hence my work with Battlegrounds). I'll still play the multiplayer and whatnot should I have cause to, it's not as though I actively avoid them, I just don't like those parts as much as singleplayer.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Nielk1 wrote:Notice how this turned into trying to ship BzE.
It fractured towards BZE when I read Apollo's post. . .
Apollo wrote:I agree with AHadley, don't throw stones if you don't like something, tell us your reasoning why.
My whole point is, it is the same squabble merchant that we heard about BZE for years. He never played it and never actually makes an argument or gives a comparison . . . "just knows" it's bad.
GolemJR14

Post by GolemJR14 »

im not the golem anyone knows, i have only started bz1 around march this year. from what i have read from the forums and saw from the vids it is kinda pretty obvious of what happened in the day. regarding to rhino then i guess i would like to say sorry for the bulllcrap, i was a little fired up xD. but also im not much to supporting bze anyway soo.. i guess we all have our differences but i would like seeing alot of people coming back to bz1 and maybe the " former hackers" could actually come by and enjoy it as a real huge community. also i am making a site and im wondering if anyone would like to help me out a little with it, : made for all bz community to hang out ranging bz1, bz2, bze,m and bionite. first thing we could settle our differences from their on :)