BZ's Mag Arena

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: BZ's Mag Arena

Post by Nielk1 »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:Many posting here have no real idea what they are talking about when the history of the culture of BZ is referenced regarding both BZ and BZE, especially in the years from 2008 onward. I personally appreciate the ability to still play BZ within the shell of BZE, in that it fixes a great many issues and bugs and offers extra content if one wishes to utilize them.
Just FYI, I know quite well because I took a vested interest with my want to document community history and actions around 6 years back.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Nielk1 wrote:Just FYI, I know quite well because I took a vested interest with my want to document community history and actions around 6 years back.
Just FYI, all you see on the surface would not give you any true representation as to the history, for that, you would have had to have been there on a daily basis and knowing who is who by IP.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

Apollo wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:Just FYI, I know quite well because I took a vested interest with my want to document community history and actions around 6 years back.
Just FYI, all you see on the surface would not give you any true representation as to the history, for that, you would have had to have been there on a daily basis and knowing who is who by IP.
The thing that scares me greatly is how easy it can be fake who you are with IP addresses. I consider it very lucky that knowledge hasn't come into the BZ community yet.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Firestorm29 wrote:
Apollo wrote:The thing that scares me greatly is how easy it can be fake who you are with IP addresses. I consider it very lucky that knowledge hasn't come into the BZ community yet.
A bit more difficult to hide from the terrible ping and loss however. Like a Turin test, we became quite adept at working out who were the trolls posing even without IP identifiers.

A bit like GSH noticed with golemJR14. Like society in general, we are lucky the average criminal isn't very bright. Same with troll posers of days gone by. Also like the criminal element, I think that's what steers them into that area of 'entertainment', competing on an even playing field is too intellectually rigorous for them.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I think you can be lucky that most of these kind of persons attention span isnt too big or else we'd all be in a heap of trouble. Its remarkable easy to hide your identity on the net and get around 'standard checks' to see who you might be.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:
Just FYI, I've got inside info ya dummy. I've got both Spock's motives, and yours, and even a bunch of stuff on inner clan issues like all that **** that went down with ARF.

And people think way too highly of IP masking, its really a joke. There are only two ways to hide oneself, TOR, and a paid VPN. I know how the defeat both, as do tons of other people, and only the paid vpn is fast enough to be of concern, and its the easier to defeat one.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Nielk1 wrote:[Just FYI, I've got inside info ya dummy. I've got both Spock's motives
Will Spock come and post "Nielk1, I am your Father, join me my son, it is your destiny"! :lol:
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Nielk1 wrote:Just FYI, I've got inside info ya dummy. I've got both Spock's motives, and yours, and even a bunch of stuff on inner clan issues like all that **** that went down with ARF.
And people think way too highly of IP masking, its really a joke. There are only two ways to hide oneself, TOR, and a paid VPN. I know how the defeat both, as do tons of other people, and only the paid vpn is fast enough to be of concern, and its the easier to defeat one.
*sigh* This reminds me of the old days of the BZ lobby with the kids saying, "I can destroy your PC from where I sit, so watch out". It's very old, very tiring, and really doesn't deserve even an eye-roll, but here's one anyway.

:roll: ;)
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

Nielk1 wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Just FYI, I've got inside info ya dummy. I've got both Spock's motives, and yours, and even a bunch of stuff on inner clan issues like all that **** that went down with ARF.

I'm not thinking of IP masking.
xGurenx
Scrap

Post by xGurenx »

Nielk1 wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Are you going to compile it and post it sometime?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:...
Let me know when you can come up with an actual argument. Making allusions to unrelated tings is a variation of straw-man. Rather than making a statement about what I am saying, you instead choose to take something completely unrelated, say it is, and use how bad IT looks as some sort of meaningful retort. It isn't and it just makes you look bad to anyone with half a brain.
Apollo wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:[Just FYI, I've got inside info ya dummy. I've got both Spock's motives
Will Spock come and post "Nielk1, I am your Father, join me my son, it is your destiny"! :lol:
And my point is now proven. If you don't like someone, you just lie and link them to Spock.

Spock seriously believes that you, DX, want to kill BZ1 with BzE, and no, I don't believe that, I think he is crazy.
Dx, you are deeply invested in BzE to the point that you make moves only for it. The side effect of helping 1.5 was only so that you could get some fixes for BzE.

Both of you associate people you don't like with the other so that you can use straw-man and other false arguments to try to discrepant them. Both of you have a *lot* of control in your respective portions of the community.

Dx, you flipped out when someone exposed that Apollo was your alternate name even though it was easy to identify.

The ARF clan is a basically dead clan that is just as neurotic as you two, with this culminating in a conflict where Launchalot, after leaving the clan, wanted to take it back over, and the new leadership wanting to remain independent. Literally, both sides were fighting over something that did not even still exist. I used that conflict as a tool to get some community information of old, back before it was just you two twits, Dx and Spock, fighting each other.

I think what seems to scare both you, DX, and Spock most is that I remain a third party.
Firestorm29 wrote:I'm not thinking of IP masking.
I designed a system that queries the local network for the router and finds the external IP through that. It must be on the client machine, but in the case of patches and games and mission scripts, this isn't hard considering they are fully compiled code in many cases. This would get the location before any tunneling occurred.

Look, I am not on either of your sides, I am working in a way that is best for my interests, and my interest is in helping this game survive away from both your bullshit. I;m sorry that scares you so badly.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:
Psychedelic Rhino wrote:...
Let me know when you can come up with an actual argument. Making allusions to unrelated tings is a variation of straw-man. Rather than making a statement about what I am saying, you instead choose to take something completely unrelated, say it is, and use how bad IT looks as some sort of meaningful retort. It isn't and it just makes you look bad to anyone with half a brain.
*And* he knows it's true.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

xGurenx wrote:Are you going to compile it and post it sometime?
I'm still waiting to see it rather than him making a fool of himself yet again, the only thing he ever proves is that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

This time it looks like he has been getting his info from one of the alcoholic hackers of old with delusions of grandeur. I've heard his story before too, he needs to take better care of himself and get off the alcohol before it kills him.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:
xGurenx wrote:Are you going to compile it and post it sometime?
I'm still waiting to see it rather than him making a fool of himself yet again, the only thing he ever proves is that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

This time it looks like he has been getting his info from one of the alcoholic hackers of old with delusions of grandeur. I've heard his story before too, he needs to take better care of himself and get off the alcohol before it kills him.
Meanwhile, I'm banned from the servers/sites of the 'alcoholic hackers of old with delusions of grandeur'. Just goes to show how ignorant you are. Stop being indignant and look at the damn truth here, I don't follow you, or your enemies. Deal with it.

EDIT: Oh, and I posted a short bit above, of course, you won't agree with it, because after all, its the truth, not your fantasy.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Nielk1 wrote:Spock seriously believes that you, DX, want to kill BZ1 with BzE, and no, I don't believe that, I think he is crazy.
I don't know about Apollo, but I will admit I wanted BZ1.4 to die. As long as it was around, especially after 2004 or so, when the snipe hack was passed around like free samples of canned ravioli at Walmart, it contributed heavily to players leaving the game. It was only kept alive because the flock had no other choice, at the time, other than BZE, and we all know the particulars why that move was never going to happen.

As to BZ1.5, I have no major issue with it other than the endless iterations making it virtually impossible to follow unless you closely monitored the development. The casual player gave up after the first dozen builds or so. Hoping a causal weekend or bi-weekly player would follow dozens upon dozens upon dozens of builds was ludicrous. And I don't mean to chastise Ultraken about the builds, he made it clear early on building a BZ community was not his concern. It was his hobby to tinker with an old favorite. If someone wanted to follow it, fine.

I just feel, and believe, BZE offers far-and-away more than BZ1.5.