I need...

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Josiah
Sabre

I need...

Post by Josiah »

As some of you may know, I've (tried) to make 3d models of some of the vehicles you see in the shell. I've recently redone some of the ones that I had made a while back, and I must say, they're much nicer looking than the older counterparts. BUT, if anybody could be bad at texture making, then I'm most assuredly the worst. There's just no way around it. So, I'm wondering if any of you pros out there could lend me a hand or two(or five), I'd muchly appreciate it.

Oh, and here's some screenies of one of the models, about 95% done:

DarkCobra262
Sabre

Re: I need...

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Nice Chinese tank... what's it goin' to be used for?
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

wickedness, evilness, world domination, and other stuffs like that...
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Lol, its another "can you texture my model for me" post...
50% done, the other 50% is UVmapping and making a texture for it, its the hard 50%.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Although the model looks great, i can't see doing the UV mapping unless it has some constructive use.
I would sooner teach how to do the uv mapping in 3ds max.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

actually, it's about 70-80% uv'd, and I plan to finish it sometime in the near future. The only real thing I'm asking for is somebody taking a look at the original texture, and making it hi res... I can also send the whole, finished uv map, when I'm done, but about 95% of it is on the original texture.

oh and btw, I don't mean scaling when I say hi res; even I can do that.....
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Unfortunately the original 24bit tro textures are unavailable, i already tried to get them. An artist would have to remake them. If you could get ahold of Coxxon, he's a very good 2d/3d artist.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Apollo wrote:...
An artist would have to remake them.
essentially, that is what I meant.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Looks great. You've done 85% of the heavy lifting already.

You say you have the UV done, or are going to do it?

If not, PM me a link for the file in .3ds, .dwg or .skp and some idea of the colors, surface reflectivity, transparency of the windows, surface and external lighting you want. :)
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:Looks great. You've done 85% of the heavy lifting already.
Actually a lot less, easier part of the 50%. For BZ1/2, unlike rendering, one needs to use textures which need to be made and then mapped. I know you know this but I figure your 85% completion value is because of all those renders you do with very few textures as you are able to use full on Material Properties. (All you have to do is set it Metal, set the color, and such.)
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

How much work it becomes depends alot on how the model was made, a skin can be quite simple or very complex.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Well . . I'm referring to a mere static rendering with a simple scene, a bit like the one I did before. Maybe a bit more involved, but roughly the same.

I have no idea what are the somersaults you guys go through to get them into the games.