BZe/1.5

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: BZe/1.5

Post by Nielk1 »

HitchcockGreen wrote:
AHadley wrote:Ken is not facilitating piracy; no-cd patches are legal if you own the game, as shown by the first post in this page.

The only way having 1.5 would be illegal is if somebody who had not paid for the game downloaded it; even then, it is not Ken's fault that they pirated a copy (likely from an installer downloaded from one of two particular websites) and it is thus not his problem.
Ah yes, if you own the game. Seeing as full 1.4 and 1.5 patches are easily available on most BZ sites, I'd say it'd be hard to determine whom among the player base actually is using their stock CD.

In the end I don't think it matters, and personally I don't even care.

Neither Activision nor Atari are likely to start issuing written notices or cease and desist orders on a game neither can claim full ownership over or make a decent profit on.

All of those full installers are illegal to provide. However, if you have the disk you can use the full installer, if you don't, you cant. Granted, you might be able to hold onto the installer anyway, but that part is a grey area.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Activision owns the code, Atari owns the rest IIRC.
Neither care and i would think unless our versions compete with their new titles, they have no reason to do anything. They would need to prove we caused them damages.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'm fairly sure Activision own the IP, since all but the tanks and the name were theirs.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Activision legal said after 2006 ownership and rights goto Atari per the contract which was for 8 years..
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Hmm. Interesting information that is likely useless.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

I'm hoping Bionite is successful, although I'm still very uncertain.

But if it is, I'm sure BZE, BZ1.5 and BZ2 will get some run-off.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I think Bionite is going to be its own unique game from what I have seen of development. Lets just hope it isn't the 'Revelations 2012' of BZ though.
mrBazooka
Drunken Scav

Post by mrBazooka »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:
To me spork and the others who hacked either didn't care at all about the game. . . or. . . did care about the game, but were too stupid to recognize the damage they were doing.

Either way, that's why I rarely answer the flock directly. I truly believe they simply don't have the moral values and/or intelligence to have a real discussion.
maby you hacked it just because you hated the game :lol:. You're still breaking the rules on bz1.net
GolemJR14

Post by GolemJR14 »

actually resources say spork hacked cuz u guys hack, why? because you guys ticked him off, .. soon spork realized that hacks were not going to solve much so he stopped hacking and he played fair, he aint no longer in the wall of shame. apperently i hack too.. in my dreams xD
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

GolemJR14 wrote:actually resources say spork hacked cuz u guys hack, why? because you guys ticked him off, .. soon spork realized that hacks were not going to solve much so he stopped hacking and he played fair, he aint no longer in the wall of shame. apperently i hack too.. in my dreams xD
I have yet to see any concrete evidence that Dx, BFT, Hitchcock etc. have ever used any form of exploit, cheat or hack.

Take everything you hear from Spock with a pinch of salt. Information from that particular forum is extremely vulnerable to bias.
GolemJR14

Post by GolemJR14 »

you have been too much around the lies that they fed you xD. dont mind if i give you a nice plate of nonlieing goodness xD

, Dx, well what to say from him.. he stayed away from server verygood of him but what is pretty obvious of what happened in the 911 server genx been banning good players standing against hackers around 2007-2008, but then spock made bz1net and clearly the 911 bz yg peopel came and tried to destroy again, spock tried his best to keep banning them, even extreme and his dad came they started hacking. they get banned too. extreme, he is one of the liers saying he is best in bz lol.. lord knows what nuts he been eating. dx then he made bze and initially called it a hobby, though bz1 it is just a replacement bz after his own bz 1.4 version empty too make oldtimers believe its dead. still he. if you guys think im nuts then lol just go sign up again then go ask spock for a chance then.. this time a hard to hack bz1 1.5 will be in place. im sure spock would allow old bze to come back only if they are truly sorry for what trouble they caused. genx, obviously i heard from him. and spork was banned for no reason but advertising bz11.4/1.5 . and spock, he really doesnt make us talk crap to bze or try to destroy it or infiltrate it, its just the players choices. but he only banns if somone is trying to spread lies in forums. but for dan ima go ask spock why he bann dan rhodenhzer person. if you guys think im nuts then surely idk what side of bed you have waken up.

HAZUUUHH!! GOLEM JR HAS SPOKEN
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

GolemJR14 wrote:you have been too much around the lies that they fed you xD. dont mind if i give you a nice plate of nonlieing goodness xD

, Dx, well what to say from him.. he stayed away from server verygood of him but what is pretty obvious of what happened in the 911 server genx been banning good players standing against hackers around 2007-2008, but then spock made bz1net and clearly the 911 bz yg peopel came and tried to destroy again, spock tried his best to keep banning them, even extreme and his dad came they started hacking. they get banned too. extreme, he is one of the liers saying he is best in bz lol.. lord knows what nuts he been eating. dx then he made bze and initially called it a hobby, though bz1 it is just a replacement bz after his own bz 1.4 version empty too make oldtimers believe its dead. still he. if you guys think im nuts then lol just go sign up again then go ask spock for a chance then.. this time a hard to hack bz1 1.5 will be in place. im sure spock would allow old bze to come back only if they are truly sorry for what trouble they caused. genx, obviously i heard from him. and spork was banned for no reason but advertising bz11.4/1.5 . and spock, he really doesnt make us talk crap to bze or try to destroy it or infiltrate it, its just the players choices. but he only banns if somone is trying to spread lies in forums. but for dan ima go ask spock why he bann dan rhodenhzer person. if you guys think im nuts then surely idk what side of bed you have waken up.

HAZUUUHH!! GOLEM JR HAS SPOKEN
I'm not saying there's no bias here. I chose my side by applying a little common sense and cynicism (pretty much my country's answer to common sense these days).

I have a couple of counters to your post there.

I was a member of Spock's server a while back. I was welcomed at first, but as soon as it became apparent that I was more a BZ2 player than I was BZ1, the mood quickly soured. I don't remember what I was banned for, but it was utterly minor. Probably something like asking why Spock used a custom servers.dat to block access to all servers other than his own. (Can you give a good reason for that, btw?)

BZe couldn't possibly be considered a replacement for BZ1 because it lacks one of its major components; singleplayer. No singleplayer campaign is a major downside and is the sole reason I have never played it. 1.4 will indeed be dead before long, though that is because 1.5 is coming around.

Spork was banned from this forum because he made deliberately inflamatory comments. No reason other.

As to Dan's banning, well, I have an answer to that. Spock sees Bionite as a threat, just as he sees BZ2 and BZClassic as threats. I made a post about BZC (one of the greatest and most ambitious mods Battlezone has ever seen, made by Avatar, a veteran from the CoW crew) on his forum, and it was immediately belittled as a "silly mod for a silly game by a silly person". Anybody to have spoken to Avatar or to have played BZC knows this is utter tripe; the man's proficiency with storycraft alone is something few other people in this community can equal. Bionite is in a similar situation; Spock sees it as a threat, so he banned Dan for promoting it just as my second account was banned for promoting BZC.

As to where the bias is, work it out for yourself. What do we have to gain (the "hackers", even though there are some of us who have never had that accusation levelled against us and some who have never even set foot in BZ multiplayer) by making such comments, or to lose by not making them? Remarkably little.

I have, however, been around long enough to know that it is pointless making such argument to those who have been indoctrinated by the community over there. If you haven't yet, then maybe we can help you can see both sides. If you have, then... well, best of luck and I hope you find your own way out eventually.
GolemJR14

Post by GolemJR14 »

as i see from bionite i see no threat, as i have said before on bz1 forum, if they aint bze then they aight
mrBazooka
Drunken Scav

Post by mrBazooka »

AHadley wrote:
GolemJR14 wrote:actually resources say spork hacked cuz u guys hack, why? because you guys ticked him off, .. soon spork realized that hacks were not going to solve much so he stopped hacking and he played fair, he aint no longer in the wall of shame. apperently i hack too.. in my dreams xD
I have yet to see any concrete evidence that Dx, BFT, Hitchcock etc. have ever used any form of exploit, cheat or hack.

Take everything you hear from Spock with a pinch of salt. Information from that particular forum is extremely vulnerable to bias.
I'm starting to hate the bze and bz2 players spreading lies here and there. Dx and and the rest of bze are all hackers deal with it.
I remember you from 1.5 but I dont know why spock ban you for. That was a little harsh of him I'll give you that, but bashing the battlezone community isnt going to do you no good!!. Bze and some of the BZU players got ban for reason you know why, Because they were hacking battlezone 1.4.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I have nothing against the community. I just hate spock, that's all. Here's a metaphore for you: He locks the community in a box and tries his hardest to not let them out. Anyone that even tries to touch the box he bans.

At one point he was banning anyone even registered on BZU forums, because why? He didn't want them escaping the box. He censors his forum's information, bans people who try to show information he doesn't "like", and frankly, I don't put up with dictatorship crap like that.

I honestly feel very sorry for the community, I feel as though they're helpless children caged by a cruel man, and I'd love nothing more then to free them from the constant ban threats of Spock.

If spock were gone, and someone else were hosting things, the BZ1 community would be a lot better off. Unfortunately, I gave up on fighting spock's tyranny a long time ago. Someone else is going to have to save them.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****