What does it mean?

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

What does it mean?

Post by Iron_Maiden »

I was just thinking back about BZ1 and decided to look up the CCA on Ahadley's wiki. My question is, what do hte words in Russian around the CCA logo mean? Anyone here fluent in Russian?

Thanks,

--Iron Maiden
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: What does it mean?

Post by Ded10c »

I'm transliterating it now. Whilst authentic, being in Cyrillic rather than romanised russian makes things rather difficult.

The first word looks to me like ПОЧЕТНДИ. Google wants to shorten that to ПОЧЕТН. Romanise that and you come up with "pochyetn", which means "honorific".

The second character in the middle section is giving me trouble. It looks like the Greek letter rho (ϱ), but the Cyrillic alphabet doesn't have a character like that. The closest I can get is I ОВБЕЗОПАСНОСТИ, which Google wants to shrink down to БЕЗОПАСНОСТИ. That transliterates to "byezopasnosti", which means "safety".

The last word is СОТРУДНИК, which romanises to "sotrudnik" or "employee".

tl;dr: My ability to transliterate Cyrillic is rusty, but it looks to me like ПОЧЕТН БЕЗОПАСНОСТИ СОТРУДНИК, or "honorary safety officer". That could be a hilarious mistranslation or a joke by the art designer.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Where is this logo?
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

http://battlezone.wikia.com/wiki/CCA

Here, the badge in the background.
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

"Die Ka-pa-ta-leest Pig!"
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Just a slightly deeper look from AHadley's initial conversion into Cyrillic from the image leads me to:
'Signs of honorable and distinguished employees, commemorative signs KGB'

The page is here:
http://geraldika.ru/symbols/19011

And this is what it says:
Badge "Fellow security" was established in 1957 shortly after the State Security Committee of the Council of Ministers, the 40-year anniversary. The sign was a slightly convex shaped oxidized shield. In the middle of the shield sword vertically located in the center of which was placed faceted five-pointed star with hammer and sickle, and the sides of the shield - Ruby red ribbon with the words "Fellow of state security." The sign was made of red brass. Awarding of this highest award KGB produced "for the achieved results in the operational activity," according to the decision of the Board Committee.
Of course the page was in Russian, so I used that as a search term and got here:
http://www.collectingsoviethistory.com/
"Honored State Security Employee" - the highest award given by the KGB to its very best agents. These awards were numbered to identify who was given the award. Unfortunately, records from the KGB archives are unavailable for researchers to identify agents via serial numbers on awards. This badge is numbered 1755 and was probably awarded in the early to mid-1960s. Based on the serial numbers of observed badges of this type, fewer than 10,000 of them were awarded between 1956 (the first year this type of badge was given) and 1991. The Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosty - Комитет государственной безопасности - "Committee for State Security" was given its final name in 1954. CLICKING ON THE PHOTO OF THE BADGE will take the reader to a thread in the Soviet Military Awards Page Forum written by me using examples from my own collection which goes into great detail about the other KGB badges, namely the anniversary badges. Please have a look.
This insignia appears based on the "Honored State Security Employee" badge/award.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Ok now what do the Russian words on the CCA voice overs mean. (from CCA missions 1 - 8)
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002