Post by General BlackDragon »

Try kickstarter :)
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: A few problems and questions about 1.5

Post by Ded10c »

If I had to guess, I'd say there's probably a legal clause somewhere that prevents Kickstarter from being used for that.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:Gog business office is waiting for me to get the license, Atari has the rights and no assets, that means you have to get Activision to retrive the assets from Iron Mtn and i haven't talked to them since i got sick. It takes some work and money to get it all together, petitions are going no where, money talks.
There are 2 paths to get something on GoG, you show enough interest for them to invest the time seeing value in it, or you get the owner to do it. You are trying to take the 2nd. This is even more proof that "abandon-ware" means nothing. At least you aren't pretending to own it like some people.
Apollo wrote:We can always count on Nielk1 to make up stuff to argue about, atleast he is consistent. Wondering when he'll make good on his threat to wipe out all Bz1ers and take over the game... ;)
I never said I was going to wipe anyone out. First of all, the only comments I made on that tact that were with regard to BZ2, not BZ1. Second, I need to do nothing, just sit and wait for the implosion which will destroy what remains of the community. Then import new players without fear of all the old griefers. I know much of the community here are either monogamers or like to think of Battlezone as their only real "thing", but you need to understand that some of us are involved in a multitude of communities and have the pull to push them in different directions, like to try new, or old, games.

Apollo, I know you just love to make stuff up and then act like you have some sort of moral superiority over others due to those flaws you made up about them. You and Spock are quite the same, you just go about it different ways. Spock works to control by tricking people into following him, creating a controllable asset in his anet server, making that asset the only option while importing new and old players with an illegal distribution of the game locked to it, actively banning people he does not like, and creating false conflicts. You work to control by passive-aggressively trying to turn people on each other by slowly spreading lies, tweaking facts, and attempting to poison the community to your side. If you in fact had permission for BzE, you could distribute the hell out of that and make quite a large resurgence to the BZ community, but instead you have built the distribution in such a way that it results in again, control by passive-aggressive methodology. Furthermore, you like to act like you have some sort of pull in the legal direction of the game, it's laughable. Spock acts like it is legally free, you act like you are always 1 step away from getting control of it. Neither of you are any good to the community at large. It is getting to the point that the best thing for the entire BZ1 AND BZ2 community would be a reset.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

AHadley wrote:Then how come you haven't involved other people yet?
Who said i haven't.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Nielk1 wrote:There are 2 paths to get something on GoG, you show enough interest for them to invest the time seeing value in it, or you get the owner to do it. You are trying to take the 2nd. This is even more proof that "abandon-ware" means nothing. At least you aren't pretending to own it like some people.

I never said I was going to wipe anyone out. First of all, the only comments I made on that tact that were with regard to BZ2, not BZ1. Second, I need to do nothing, just sit and wait for the implosion which will destroy what remains of the community. Then import new players without fear of all the old griefers. I know much of the community here are either monogamers or like to think of Battlezone as their only real "thing", but you need to understand that some of us are involved in a multitude of communities and have the pull to push them in different directions, like to try new, or old, games.

Apollo, I know you just love to make stuff up and then act like you have some sort of moral superiority over others due to those flaws you made up about them. You and Spock are quite the same, you just go about it different ways. Spock works to control by tricking people into following him, creating a controllable asset in his anet server, making that asset the only option while importing new and old players with an illegal distribution of the game locked to it, actively banning people he does not like, and creating false conflicts. You work to control by passive-aggressively trying to turn people on each other by slowly spreading lies, tweaking facts, and attempting to poison the community to your side. If you in fact had permission for BzE, you could distribute the hell out of that and make quite a large resurgence to the BZ community, but instead you have built the distribution in such a way that it results in again, control by passive-aggressive methodology. Furthermore, you like to act like you have some sort of pull in the legal direction of the game, it's laughable. Spock acts like it is legally free, you act like you are always 1 step away from getting control of it. Neither of you are any good to the community at large. It is getting to the point that the best thing for the entire BZ1 AND BZ2 community would be a reset.
Where does GoG state if you have a petition they would invest money in fixing Bz, TRO and Bz2. You're dreaming. Why don't you petition Atari, if they are still around.

As i said, you're consistent... have fun with that.
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Re first post, you're not being as loud about it as you could be. With something like this, the more people the better. This site in particular is full of developers, people who know the games and indeed the series as a whole on a level far above average.

Re second post, the GOG wishlist does not just exist for kicks and giggles. And Atari are in administration, in case you missed that bit of news.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Apollo wrote:Where does GoG state if you have a petition they would invest money in fixing Bz, TRO and Bz2.
This part confuses me. Who said ANYTHING about GoG fixing anything? They don't make patches.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

Back on topic:

Doh! I had set this patch to "very easy" trying to beat one of my hard maps, then installed the latest patch without checking to see how things work. BTW, default setting seems to be "easy" after installing the patch, is this the new medium? :)

Still, I think the scavs get beat too hard under this AI. There is no heavy armor class for BZ1 scavs, and they seem to be as dumb as ever. I just could not keep them alive long enough to even get going on some maps, which is why I asked for a flag to allow for 1.4 AI. If Ken is coding unit behavior for each individual level of difficulty, it should not be that hard to add in a "1.4" button to play the game at 1.4 style medium difficulty.

I was wondering how compatible the saves are with different versions as well; I discovered Goomba's map room a little while back (some good stuff there), but some of the maps throw an AV regardless of whether I run 1.4 or 1.5, Ian's maps in particular are a problem. Internal BZN versions seem not to tell the whole story either.

One other odd thing I ran into was that running an old map, BZ 1.5 apparently decided to use rspilo.odf from Omega squadron as the default pilot, quite an odd choice since it is not even the same race, how does BZ 1.5 look through subfolders?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

General BlackDragon wrote:
Apollo wrote:Where does GoG state if you have a petition they would invest money in fixing Bz, TRO and Bz2.
This part confuses me. Who said ANYTHING about GoG fixing anything? They don't make patches.
They actually do.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Someone better call in the burn unit
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

The bzn version numbers for 1.5 created games will crash 1.4.
some of the changes i can't recall now but scavys save how much scrap are being carried so that's 1 of many.
Spork probably recalls them all.

It uses what's in the addon first then each subfolder.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

AHadley wrote:Re first post, you're not being as loud about it as you could be. With something like this, the more people the better. This site in particular is full of developers, people who know the games and indeed the series as a whole on a level far above average.

Re second post, the GOG wishlist does not just exist for kicks and giggles. And Atari are in administration, in case you missed that bit of news.
I'm only interested in programmers, investers and getting the rest of the assets for all titles for the Bz series atm.

My illness has been holding me back from dealing with Activision, not only do i need the assets from them, i want more details of the contract where Acti. transfered ownership to Atari. Also Atari seem to think EA Games is now envolved due to Pandemics buy out.

Not sure what you point is Ahadley.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I count three to four programmers in this thread alone. This is news to them. There's the first point explained rather soundly, I think.

My second point was a counter to your implication that petitioning GOG would be a waste of time, despite them actively encouraging people to do just that.

I should also point out that whilst Activision licensed the name from Atari, the IP is their own. They have very little reason to sell it on to the people they licensed the name from, especially since it seems they were about to break the IP from the license anyway.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I suspect your chances of recovering "assets" from them are close to 0. The medium they would have been originally stored in will probably have been junked long ago, unless involved individuals, such a Ken, wisely chose to make their own backups, the company will almost certainly not have any idea now about the items you now wish to recover. Even if it does have them, It is highly unlikely to hand over any "intellectual property" to a 3rd party on request.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.