lua scripting

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

ssuser
Rattler

lua scripting

Post by ssuser »

Does anyone here have a decent tutorial on lua scripting for BZ 1.5 they can post? Doing a search for this, I got a hit at battlezone1.org, but the site wanted me to download a toolbar to register/view the post. (hmmm, I think not.) Can learn some stuff from the Omega squadron missions, but would like to learn more.

Also, as an aside, are old 3rd party models all broken for 1.5? i can't get what I have tried so far to work, order any production unit to build one of these and the game crashes. is there an easy fix in Max or VDF viewer for this?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: lua scripting

Post by General BlackDragon »

Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Ssuser, place the custom units in a build odf, just like the single player mission used.
Also you may want to look at the missions i manually scripted.
http://www.battlezoneclub.org/forum/vie ... =70&t=3541

Yikes, "download a toolbar to register/view the post", i don't know why they don't just port the forum to their server. Spectre can pay the 30 for the sql database. The setup would be easy.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

ssuser wrote:the site wanted me to download a toolbar to register/view the post
All fine for me, sure it wasn't an ad banner or similar? If not, you might want to speak to the owner or one of the admins about that.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Yea I don't get that toolbar thingy either...
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

I'll look at those MPI missions.

Does everything have to go in a build odf now? I have seen this done already, didn't know it was mandatory.

Looking for some little lua chunks, really, separate little code bits to do one task, like how to spawn units per set time interval, how to set objectives that work, etc.

Omega squadron maps seem to run good, but the scrapfun lua script seems to be broken or out of date. Also, even on the Omega maps there seems to be fallthrough if you kill all the enemy production forces, i.e. the map ends even if there other uncompleted objectives, is this normal?

I guess I am registered at battlezone1 now anyway, I don't know what that toolbar thing was about - that is not a good thing to do on any site, though. Any smart user will assume that is malware and run away as fast as they can.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

There's no toolbar when registering on the forum. I have no idea what you're talking about. It does sound like your browser might be compromised, though.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

agreed; i get no toolbar prompt here.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

Well, I got one, did you have to view an ad too in order to type in a security code? maybe it was attached to that and I haven't disabled something that i should have. Anyway, I seem to be properly registered, so it wasn't a mandatory download to register.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

nope, your browser's been compromised; experienced the same a few years back, so you'll need to go to Viw/Toolbars and deselect it if it shows there, then control panel/programs and remove the malware or run a malware scanner/remover. i recommend "Malware Bytes" from http://www.malwarebytes.org/
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

And if MalwareByte doesn't work, I recommend ComboFix