A few oddities and a menu change

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

ssuser
Rattler

A few oddities and a menu change

Post by ssuser »

Still getting some odd problems with BZ 1.5 in hopes someone can help me with them. First, in 1.4 sky color was controlled by palette index 209, now I am getting no color from this, 1.5 is picking both sky color and scope color from the last planet palette entry, right before the last 32 object color entries.

Also, gpuff.map is not being picked up right, and what is really strange is that BZ is picking a color of the PLANET palette for it - it is a different color on every world, when I fire the green SP on Ganymede, it is tan, on Europa, light blue, etc. If anyone can thing of something screwy in my installation that I could fix, please let me know.

Oh, and a little note for UltraKen, in case you did not fix this in your latest update, the hadean build menus duplicate the crystal factory, one of those should be the crystal object, hocrys.odf

Popping off now to get the latest 1.5 update in hope of fixing this stuff. :?
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Re: A few oddities and a menu change

Post by Ultraken »

The 1.5.1 asset pack includes a bunch of stuff from Red Odyssey so some files might be different from what you're expecting. Also, 1.5 (and RO) is based off the 1.3 code base so it's possible that 1.4 made some changes that I don't have. I can take a look.

The sky thing sounds like it might be a code difference. There's a SKY_COLOR_INDEX macro but I haven't managed to find its definition while poking around in the web-based repository browser. I'll have to look for it in Visual Studio when I get home.

As for gpuff.map, I vaguely remember it coming along for the ride with Red Odyssey assets.

It's pretty easy to update the builder menus so I'll adjust it.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

OK, I finally found it (in grtypes.h) and it was set to 223. The sky color really should have been a setting in the [Color] section of the TRN instead of a hardcoded value...

Also, gpuff.map seems to be missing from 1.5; it was an effect asset from RO that would need to be put in SW, HW, or HW16 packs. I kinda need to do that anyway, though, since General Black Dragon sent me a corrected MAG cannon reticule texture.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

I finally figured it out. I had been using a set of merged BZ/RO ZFS files that weren't on my site. The new All-In-One 1.5.2 Asset Pack includes the RO content as part of the patch ZFS files so it can upgrade a retail install without touching the original ZFS files.
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

Ah, so I downloaded all your newest stuff, and dumping this into a fresh 1.4 install should fix things? I'll try that, you can disregard the 1st part of my PM then.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

It's worth a shot. My goal is to make it all-inclusive but I haven't validated it fully yet. Now that 1.5.2 is winding down, I want to put together a replacement for the old Final 1.5.0 Patch. (I really need to learn how to make an installer so it's easier for non-technical people to apply.)
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Ken, there is already an installer for 1.5.2.17. I guess Spock makes it.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

I'd be making a patch installer similar to the old bzpat14.exe, not a full installer. It would require an existing Battlezone install (1.0-1.5).