A few questions about mission scripts

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Xianbaum
Scrap

A few questions about mission scripts

Post by Xianbaum »

Hey! I'm trying to beat the NSDF campaign as fast as possible, just for fun. I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to look at the single player scripts? If so, where are they? I tried unpacking bzone.zfs but i couldn't find anything that resembled mission scripts.

2. If it's not possible, I have a questions about two missions: Wrangling the Fleeing Herd and The Three Beacons. These missions seem to go on forever, and I'm not sure if they progress on a timer or they are progressed by doing something. Especially since in Wrangling the Fleeing Herd, when Collins says "The convoy is 5 minutes out." it seems like the convoy comes randomly, anywhere from almost immediately to 20 minutes from when he said that. So what the heck triggers the convoy? And I assume that in The Three Beacons, the CCA surrender/rescue are based on timers?

Bonus question: I seem to remember a special gun that temporarily turns enemy ships friendly, but I can't seem to find any proof of it ever existing. Did it exist, or am I crazy?

I'm using 1.0 (I think it's 1.0, it's a clean install) because of flash cannon's seriously overpoweredness, if it matters.

Thanks! Christian
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: A few questions about mission scripts

Post by Ded10c »

The gun you're thinking of is the MAS grenade. The NSDF and CCA have it in their armouries in 1.0, but it was removed some time before 1.3. In 1.5 it's accessible to the Black Dogs. I'd definitely recommend you give 1.5 a look, it's a massive improvement.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

3 Beacons:
Just get an APC to the first nav-beacon, not sure if the mission will wait forever for you to get there, but it will wait for a looong time. First set of survivors picked up »» 2nd beacon is activated, 2nd set picked up »» 3rd beacon is activated, 3rd set picked up »» final section of the mission triggered.

Wrangling ...:
Afaik its a pretty consistant amount of time after nuking the arty's. It may be after deploying the factory, after which it seems the CCA recy becomes more active. Havent really noticed much difference there and its usually quite some time, for my taste a bit too long since I can take care of the CCA recy and static defenses leading to the launchpad. Either way its nuking the arty's, deploying the factory, or a set amount of time .. imo.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Xianbaum wrote: 1. Is it possible to look at the single player scripts? If so, where are they? I tried unpacking bzone.zfs but i couldn't find anything that resembled mission scripts.
Yes,

BZ2 DLL Source

In there, in missions/bz1/ there are all the original BZ1 mission source code.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****