Main Battlezone 1 Community

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Main Battlezone 1 Community

Post by Sporkinator »

This forum looks like a nice place for Battlezone 1 & 2 players to mingle a bit. :D

For everything you could ever need for playing Battlezone 1, check out the main Battlezone 1 Web site as well as the Battlezone 1 Community Forum. There you will find it very easy to get back into the zone and play the same game that many found so amazingly innovative back in 1998 as well as the 1.5 patch for the game that Ken Miller is working on. There's even a comprehensive tech support section on the forum, should you run into any trouble getting things up and running.

Before playing on the battlezone1.net server, read the Server Rules. The ones who moderate the server do so in their free time and you still get to play for free, so respect the rules.

Join us in the zone anytime. Come play with us on a moderated server (battlezone1.net) and enjoy the game. 8-)

The game that started the secret space race lives on! Cheers. See you all in the zone! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sporkinator on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Main Battlezone 1 Community

Post by General BlackDragon »

Sporkinator wrote:Battlezone 1 & 2 players to mingle a bit. :D
Why do I have a bad feeling about this.... :mrgreen:

J/k,

Very nice post. You Almost make me want to start playing BZ1 online again. In fact, If a certian individual would stay out of my way, I might consider it.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I tried to look at the 1.5 but it says, "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." why can't i see this forum?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

You have to register on the forum so that Mr Spock can ban you if you refuse to do anything he says.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

you can get the 1.5 patch here
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Let's stay amicable, yes? Please don't do anything to incite someone.

Thank you.
Feenix

Post by Feenix »

VSMIT wrote:Let's stay amicable, yes? Please don't do anything to incite someone.

Thank you.
I agree. Let's all try to get along. :lol:
Sno
Scrap

Post by Sno »

There is no official Battlezone 1 website. There are a handful of sites people go to to get the files they need or to socialize.

Battlezone Club is one of these and also includes a few modifications to try out.

You can pull people's hair or date their sister -- we really don't care :lol:

http://www.battlezoneclub.org/
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Sporkinator wrote:This forum looks like a nice place for Battlezone 1 & 2 players to mingle a bit. :D

For everything you could ever need for playing Battlezone 1, check out the main Battlezone 1 Web site as well as the Battlezone 1 Community Forum. There you will find it very easy to get back into the zone and play the same game that many found so amazingly innovative back in 1998 as well as the 1.5 patch for the game that Ken Miller is working on. There's even a comprehensive tech support section on the forum, should you run into any trouble getting things up and running.

The game that started the secret space race lives on! Cheers. See you all in the zone! :mrgreen:
Remember Roboto?

Nuff said :ugeek:

Edit: NO! Not nuff said! I had to revisit that board. You people! So insane it make me LOL! My neighbor down the hall Jeff, the one who cusses everyone out and gets drunk on a nightly basis (puking on everything) is more fun to be around than you guys! I go to Tribes forums less slanted than your little corner of the internet, and if you know anything about Tribes (which you don't) the community for that game is the most vile, hate-spewing collection of drunk adults you could find in gaming!

It's almost like looking through 4chan, which I don't even need to do to get an impression. Dance slaves Dance! Do as I command! Bz dummies, shame shame; I don't even play BZ1 anymore since it's not worth it. The bz2 community loves to spit fire too but at least getting a game going with them isn't pulling teeth.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

Apollo wrote:I tried to look at the 1.5 but it says, "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." why can't i see this forum?
Honestly, it's not hard. Just make an account and you can see the 1.5 patch section. Asking here won't get you an answer, but if you ask Spock nicely in a private message or something, maybe he can explain it why he closed off that section to those who are not logged in. If you're serious about helping to test 1.5 and want to view the bug reports and stuff, making an account isn't exactly a huge obstacle. :) In any case, have fun. :D
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Or, since you're here already, you can just download the patch here.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

Yeah. Just make sure to copy your Battlezone 1.4 installation, drop in the new executable, and get the required common files. The common files are not compatible with 1.4, so 1.5 needs to be separate. Or you could just use the 1.5b installer, which contains the stock game + new .exe + common files. It makes things easier for the less technically inclined. :geek: Your choice.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

When using BZ1.net's installers, be aware that you will only see one (their own) server. One of the files must be swapped out in order to get the other ones back.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28 - 1.5 Common Files list, contains the updated servers.dat.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Sporkinator wrote:Honestly, it's not hard. Just make an account and you can see the 1.5 patch section. Asking here won't get you an answer, but if you ask Spock nicely in a private message or something, maybe he can explain it why he closed off that section to those who are not logged in.
Honestly, I'm not into sucking anyones weenie just to play a game.
General BlackDragon wrote: You have to register on the forum so that Mr Spock can ban you if you refuse to do anything he says.
You got to be kidding me.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Sporkinator wrote:Honestly, it's not hard. Just make an account and you can see the 1.5 patch section. Asking here won't get you an answer, but if you ask Spock nicely in a private message or something, maybe he can explain it why he closed off that section to those who are not logged in.
Why won't it get an answer? I'm sure anybody here can explain anything he wants to know...
AHadley wrote:When using BZ1.net's installers, be aware that you will only see one (their own) server. One of the files must be swapped out in order to get the other ones back.
actually, I believe it's a custom installer, and it'll cause MVM, so it doesn't need the servers.dat, as they won't be able to play anywhere else.