Battlezone II v1.3.6.2 Public Beta released

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Battlezone II v1.3.6.2 Public Beta released

Post by MrTwosheds »

The only way to reproduce something like this is with real live games, Testers may not even be able to pin it down to a definitive event.
Cyber
Sabre

Post by Cyber »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I presentate the good 6.2 patch :D! Its working good and lag free, also the 5vs5 ST's. Certainly the server needs to have a good internet connection, but if someone from Europe hosts everything is working.

Good job guys.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Uhm.....noob question.

I have the folder downloaded, I extract the files to the fresh install of the game, yes?
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The download is a .zip file. Open it, there should be 1 file in it, the installer executable. You can unpack that installer executable anywhere (e.g. desktop, etc). Run the installer executable. When done, you can get rid of the installer executable if desired.

-- GSH
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

There is most definitely a problem with people joining after the game has started, sync errors/ recyncs/ dropped connections and sometimes Fixme local has 6 players gamestate has 7 players type msgs.
Players are locking their strat games after start to avoid it, it would seem that mentioning it here is too much trouble for them though...
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Just got it, so far I am impressed.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

MrTwosheds wrote:There is most definitely a problem with people joining after the game has started, sync errors/ recyncs/ dropped connections and sometimes Fixme local has 6 players gamestate has 7 players type msgs.
Players are locking their strat games after start to avoid it, it would seem that mentioning it here is too much trouble for them though...
The return of bz1 style sync strats? Dreadful.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

pLAYED A GAME WITH wINDY, iRON mAIDEN AND hYBIRISDF. Ugh, my caps lock is always on after a good game. Anyway, we played Dropzone map and beat it on difficult in 1hr 46 min. Whew what a tough game. But the patch played beautifully. Not one single glitch that I could see.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Sync errors seem to occur with > 4 or 5 players (?) and seem to be triggered by players joining after game start. You have probably noticed the occasional (acceptable) recync when people join, Its when there are more players that things get a bit unstable. So really only effects strat games.
I will continue to try to persuade strat players that they can actually help to test, but don't hold out much hope that enough of them
1. Can be bothered.
2. Have a clue how to.
3. Can actually do so without, being personally appointed by God, given access to some secret sacred weapons with which they can righteously and easily smite every bug in the game without creating any new ones, and a magic crown that allows them to dictate exactly how the game should work and can make everyone else understand exactly what they mean when their problem report just says... LAG!
Last edited by MrTwosheds on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The B89* hotfixes had extra logging on that is critical to helping fix issues. Those that tested and reported issues, those got fixed for the large part. Those hotfix builds were a public call for testing over the course of a month. Those that chose not to participate or submit logs, well, I'd say they chose poorly.

-- GSH
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

They did, we completely failed to get 8 players to play one game with logging turned on.
Cyber
Sabre

Post by Cyber »

Happens very often when I join a game. I don't think I have to mark something there.

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Yes, known issue, some vid cards display it as black as well.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Find a way to make the 3D objects appear broken on my machine, and I can dig in. Really intermittent bugs with no good way to make it happen here are harder to get fixed.

-- GSH
Cyber
Sabre

Post by Cyber »

GSH wrote:Find a way to make the 3D objects appear broken on my machine, and I can dig in. Really intermittent bugs with no good way to make it happen here are harder to get fixed.

-- GSH

I know this bug, it also happened as I tried to make new Skins for units together with ZeroAngel. It's because the skin-file of the units is saved in a low quality (jpeg?).