La Fae (Warning: Many Images)

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Clavin12
Bull Dog

Re: La Fae (Warning: Many Images)

Post by Clavin12 »

I have never posted these before, or even mentioned the Fae as a race.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Clavin12 wrote:Two questions. Should this race use power generators? If so would the mushroom design be better used as a power gen. or as an extractor?
As I am DLL crazy my suggestions will always be: make it some system never seen before.
OvermindDL1
Sober Scav

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Mushrooms, going by how/what they actually are, probably an extractor, but I agree with the above, should create something new and unique and possibly DLL controlled. :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

TheJamsh wrote:Resin should be re-designed so that it sticks to ships and does damage over time (we can do that now y'know)

Unfortunately it means no gravity effect :(, would love to see sticky grenade objects...
A "limpet" mortar that could stick to things would be very cool indeed, though.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

TheJamsh wrote:would love to see sticky grenade objects...
I think that can be done with an anchor class ordence that has a model and the right settings.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

Clavin12 wrote:I have never posted these before, or even mentioned the Fae as a race.
I herd some thing like them on BU but could not think of who posted it my bad :oops: but like I said it never realy got off the ground.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

You mentioned that you were going to create the Fae when your models for CP2 were deemed too organic for what we were looking for at the time.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Perhaps I said such a thing but I am pretty sure I didn't use the term "Fae". In any case keep your ice open because I will be posting something new soon.
Scrap

Post by Avatar »

@Pilots... I like the idea of 'spirits' AND I think maybe you could leave off the body completely, giving them bodies of light with appropriate physics tweaks to make them dart and weave... or make them semi-transparent with a few fuzzy lighting effects. Think 'Olma' from Stargate. Hmmm... not the greatest pic:

The models look nice, as long as most of that smoothing is coming from smoothing and not from added polys. (In which case I strongly suggest some good LOD models).

I agree with Nielk in that if you're going to push the envelope with this race do it with all of their stuff... Some suggestions:

Using power supplies for an example:
Giant sunflowers that reach up over the surrounding canopy.
Steaming mushrooms that grow larger with time and then die off, forcing you to 'plant' new ones as they expire. (building lifespan)
A medium sized plant that, after a time, sprouts off another one, and then another, giving you more power over time as they grow. (dispensor mine) You could only 'plant' one, each would only duplicate once, and then after that you'd have to protect them as they propagate. (a veritable power garden)

The Supply Bay, for instance, could give total, instant repair/resupply to the ship that pulls in, with a delay before the next ship can be serviced so that the bay can 'regrow'. (dispensor mine that kicks out 1 plant-looking instant heal/supply every X seconds)

Part of the point of creating a unique and different race is to add some difference to the strategy used by that race to dominate. Use your imagination to make small changes to the biometal 'everyday' gameplay we're all used to, in order to make that race fun to play. I like the Phaer Ran in Fleshstorm, for instance, because of their differences from the stock races.

-Av-
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Some very good ideas there, Av. The pilot suggestion is especially nice.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I could have sworn you were for physical pilots Ahadley. Oh well.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Ok, so I've come up with a plan for power. There will be one main power unit that looks like a tree. At first it will be small and generate 3 power units but as you upgrade it it will grow and supply more power. It can be animated to wave a little bit. Also buildings can be build on any flat surface provided a relay bunker is built adjacent to them. How's that?

P.S. Avatar, that is exactly what I had in mind with the pilots.

EDIT: Here is a mushroom model for the extractor.

Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Here is a basic idea for the tree. I'm thinking I should stylize it more.

BTW I am double posting so that it will show up as newly posted. I have observed that editing does not do this.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Any opinions?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Clavin12 wrote:Any opinions?
No.