Bionite: Origins

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Bionite: Origins

Post by LtFEED »

Hey guys,

weve switched the name to avoid any TM/C issues with Activision. Also, we will be releasing the game on Steam at the end of Feb.

if anyone is interested in participating in the open beta, please let me know. We plan on starting the open beta at the end of Dec.

Were also looking for concept artists (and modelers). I have seen some extremely cool art and model renders around here, and it would be really cool to have some of them in "BZ3"

This is the post our Lead of Design made at the forums:

We Need Concept Artists ASAP!

Required Skills:

- Excellent hand/pencil sketching skills.
- Ability to produce perspectives, Isometric, cut section & detailing drawings.
- Technical knowledge/enthusiasm in architectural & mechanical design.
- Ability to design human characters (space suits, power suits, weapons & accessories).
- Digital Speed painting is an extra plus.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive criticism in a professional and open-minded manner.
- To be able to co-ordinate with other team members and departments effectively.

Requirements:

- Must have a portfolio of previous works from projects etc.
[If you have no project works, please provide adequate samples showcasing your ability that demonstrate you fit our critera above and are able to do the job]

Bonuses:

- Knowledge of 3D modelling and texturing
- Ability to design & develop textures
- Be ready and Able to Work ASAP

To Apply: email your information & portfolio to:
rogeh_87@yahoo.com or simply join the forums and introduce yourself at the welcome section.
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Bionite: Origins

Post by Ded10c »

Might have to start involving myself.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

:shock: Big ask list! :shock:
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

February of 2013 right? From the looks of the list, you don't have any finalized models in place, that is not to say that the good first half of the hard work (the coding) isn't already done and perfected (yes, in case some of you didn't know, you can have the code working flawless and not have the final models in place; not the best idea, but it is a good thing to consider so you don't have to wait on your design division to churn out stuff to get your job done.)
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

nope, feb of 2012. all of the modeling is done and the texturing is about 50% complete. the coding is 90% done and the kismet is about 50% for the first singleplayer mission. all the music is done and the SFX also for the first release. were going to have the second release on Steam in July 2012 that includes all the new assets derived from the concepts were looking for now. we recently recruited a great mapper/texturer to texture all the vehs, Biohog.

heres the rough Razor texture, the stretching has been fixed, i expect to get the final from Biohog this week:

and a sign for the emze mine by JayF:

LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

heres the final, without the decals:

Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Awesome
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

I have been struck down by awesomeness. Carry on sir. :cry: (tears of joy, mind you)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Hmmm looks too steampunk, not anything like bio metal.... For one, biometal doesn't rust...
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Don't take me the wrong way, the model looks good and all, for something else. I don't know why, but something with that model in particular rubs me the wrong way and it screams to not be in a Battlezone-related game, comparing to the many custom stuff I have seen for BZ2. I haven't really seen anything else, hasn't been top on my list for various reasons I won't go into.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Bear in mind that it's not biometal any more :P

Though if your Bionite is anything like Biometal, it wouldn't be riveted either and would instead be a smooth surface.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

Heres the recent video capt of the upcoming Beta:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LtFEED?feat ... OTIbHM3kog

well be in open beta test in about 2 weeks. :D
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Though if your Bionite is anything like Biometal, it wouldn't be riveted either and would instead be a smooth surface.
We know biometal can develop intelligence, so maybe rivets are a kind of biometal fashion statement...
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Perhaps this is biometal that has been used poorly by the humans, who use it like normal metal and don't allow it to reach its full potential.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

well........let me see, where do I start. Id have to check, but i believe Bionite is a related to Biometal, but has some intrinsic properties that are slightly different. (the switch from Biometal to Bionite was a necessity to avoid any IP conflics with Activision). we have a list somewhere, id have to dig it up. Biohog put the rivets on the hull (IMO) becuase it just looks way cool. I think the Razor is a Rebel Faction so its a little bit rougher in design, in comparison to the Fatty, which is an IMI veh: