Culled FE Posts

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Major Cooke
Sober Scav

Re: Forgotten Enemies for PB6

Post by Major Cooke »

Map 4, the script after deploying the recycler just keeps having hadean units coming out to attack the player. I've been playing it for two hours and nothing else is happening. No transport is arriving at all.

And, what scripter do you use?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Major Cooke wrote:Map 4, the script after deploying the recycler just keeps having hadean units coming out to attack the player. I've been playing it for two hours and nothing else is happening. No transport is arriving at all.

And, what scripter do you use?
Try building a base ;)
Major Cooke
Sober Scav

Post by Major Cooke »

...I did. Nothing happened after I got myself completely fortified.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Major Cooke wrote:...I did. Nothing happened after I got myself completely fortified.
It didn't tell you to get the flight recorder?
Major Cooke
Sober Scav

Post by Major Cooke »

No. No objectives showed up except the old one which was still the same lead-recycler-to-other-side-of-lake-and-deploy.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Major Cooke wrote:No. No objectives showed up except the old one which was still the same lead-recycler-to-other-side-of-lake-and-deploy.
Reload the mission then is all I can say.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Major Cooke wrote:what scripter do you use?
C++
Manslayer
Sober Scav

Post by Manslayer »

All the DM maps stick you in a stock xypos when you start and ignores all other settings.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

blue banana wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:what scripter do you use?
C++
C++ is not a scriptor, its a language. BZ2 is coded in this language, but not FE. FE uses BS'er's BZS scriptor, which now even has a reverse scriptor :D
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Since I don't want to be useless like other people, more bug reports from the UNGODLY mission 5, firing back.

Observation: Terrain is much more forgiving at placing gun towers, or I'm just getting better at it after doing it for FIVE FREAKING HOURS.
The Xares with EG1 and shell, along with missing cockpit, has wrong sounds.

WARNING: MEGAGUN IMPACT objective does not fit into the objective screen. This is triggered when the fourth pool is secured I THINK.

When capturing the megagun, the name of the object is mega gun relic. Don't know if that is intentional, it's late and I skimmed the inf file. ALSO:
The engineer transport has to be hand held coming up the skinny land path because it wants to slip into the water, where it has to be walked out. Kind of infuriating. Path needs to stick to the sliver of land.

Other than that, this mission is a grind! Winnable, but grind grind grind! I had all but one pool and they strike everywhere...uhg. Oh well I'll let you know more when I get out of act 2. If.

Getting out of the beginning was hard enough, but it is all about scrap management, speed, and keeping initial starting units alive and healthy... possible without cheating.
When a mission becomes literally impossible without cheating I will let you know.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

I am leaving BZ2 and am leaving the mods in more capable hands than mine. I have far, far better and more enjoyable responsibilities to take care of in RL than wasting my time here.

GSH, please delete my account here and elsewhere. Squirrel, please remove my FTP account, too, and thank you.

bye
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Burnout?... GF?... see ya later Red!
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Can't you just slow down. Help us test the patch or something for a while? Don't leave!
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

LOL i liked red devil. he was the first person to join my first hosted game about 2-4 years ago. well hasta lavista devil.
Axeminister wrote:Can't you just slow down. Help us test the patch or something for a while? Don't leave!
and teach some of us how to make patches

i think rd's account should stay, nobody should forget him... whos rd?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

:x

Ignoring that and stubbornly pressing on, firing back does not spawn the xerraxis explodey things that periodically attack your base. I thought my base seemed safer than before... Still hard as balls mission but I woke up thinking about what seemed different.