Version 1.5.1.5 (2012-04-04)

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ultraken
Patch Creator

Version 1.5.1.5 (2012-04-04)

Post by Ultraken »

I apologize for putting out another build so soon after the previous release but
TEAM DEATHMATCH

Downloads:

Testing Executable and Symbols

What's New:

* Adjusted Blue and Dark Blue UI colors to match other UI colors
- They now map to the dedicated interface colors in the palette
- This makes them more saturated and consistent across maps

* Deathmatch is now Team Deathmatch
- Each player gets their own team number
- Players can ally and unally as in Strategy
Zax
Attila

Re: Version 1.5.1.5 (2012-04-04)

Post by Zax »

Potentially disruptive indeed. Good idea, most likely will be used for evil.

Although I assume you only finished what was started 12 years ago. 14 years? You get it.
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

Silly question, but wasn't the ally command changed to only occur if you ally to them and they do the same?

How is this disruptive when team strat isn't?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Because people have been unofficially "teaming" "undesirable" players for "years." This just gives them an official means, so they can't say "no, we're not teaming you, you're just imagining it," where now every other player can ally up against the undesirable. Guess it just makes what has happened forever - and I do mean forever - in bz more obvious.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

"What? You say we're all shooting at you??? Why that's just silly..."

BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

Zax wrote:Because people have been unofficially "teaming" "undesirable" players for "years." This just gives them an official means, so they can't say "no, we're not teaming you, you're just imagining it," where now every other player can ally up against the undesirable. Guess it just makes what has happened forever - and I do mean forever - in bz more obvious.
I've seen those sessions before, and I really can't see how this condones or denies that. It's kinda like Blizzard removing In-game voice chat because it can allow players to grief other players easier. It's not going to stop those who team or grief from improvising other methods to give others a hard day while denying content from those would wouldn't abuse it.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

Allying with someone makes your units stop attacking them but theirs won't stop attacking you until they ally back so you're initially at a disadvantage. That wasn't always the case, though. (It's one of the earlier things I changed in 1.5.)
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

As I said over at BZC, changing colors of your "team mates" is merely a novelty in DM since there are no AI to command or otherwise deter from attacking a particular player.

It has been in BZE for some time now, I've played a few dozen team games since, and have yet to see it used. I certainly have never used it.

But much like the targeting lead blip and self-leveling, I suppose it would have some use for a new player, if his situational awareness is poor and/or he has a hard time using the targeting button.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

The reason you haven't used it in BzE is because BzE is a micro-community even smaller than the Battlezone community, so there's not actually enough players to start a game. Allying in DM prevents your pop guns from killing your allies, and prevents proximity mines from detonating on them. Oh yeah, I really want to turn 180 degrees to target the one coming from behind to find out if they're my ally or not.

Comment Removed from end of message -squirrelof09
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Sporkinator wrote:The reason you haven't used it in BzE is because BzE is a micro-community even smaller than the Battlezone community, so there's not actually enough players to start a game. Allying in DM prevents your pop guns from killing your allies, and prevents proximity mines from detonating on them. Oh yeah, I really want to turn 180 degrees to target the one coming from behind to find out if they're my ally or not. Stop being an ungrateful and ignorant prick. Go back to your little BzE cave. That is all.
Oh, luck, he's back. Wonder who'll get in first? I should probably warn you that GSH doesn't tolerate foul language here.

Hey, at least we can actually tally the number of active players in BZE; it doesn't get lobby potatoes and ghosts like other communities I could mention. Their banhammer isn't on a hair trigger either, and there's simply *so* much less admin abuse.

Tell speckle we said hi.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

...He uses prox mines in DM? Noob. I owned your daddy in bz.
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

Erm... Many Rocket Tank players would take issue with that. There's been quite a few players that attest to good Pop Gun/Proxy mine usage to take out players that's tailing you.

Using mines to do things other than booby trap pups, crazy, I know.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Crazy indeed. It's like, even though oil companies are considered our enemy, we don't expect the gas pump to explode when we need a fuel up.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Guys show some repect for Ken and don't thread crap in his build releases.
Team DM is just something i felt needed done, i'm glad the Bz1 kids used it too.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Team Deathmatch. Because why not?