Tribes: Ascend

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Spot
Attila

Tribes: Ascend

Post by Red Spot »

Just wondering if its worth it. Its free to play on Steam, which generally dictates for me it isnt worth the effort to even download the game, but as a fan of Section 8 Prejudice which seems to play pretty much in a same style I am wondering how Tribes plays ... without paying for any extra's :D
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Tribes: Ascend

Post by Ded10c »

I've been playing it since closed beta, and it's definitely worth it. Much faster than Section 8 is.

Of course you don't have to pay for anything - people complain that things unlock too slowly, but they really don't seem too bad. In half a week I've maxed one of the classes (that said, it was a double xp half-week).
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Gaining XP isnt a problem for me, I'm still -only- a lvl69 in S8P (with its small fanbase that means I am often one of the few who isnt yet a lvl85 general ..).

Thanks for the info, guess I'll probably download it during the night ;)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

If you're gonna register for Tribes, let me send you a referral link :P
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Feel free to send me anything helpfull ;)
Going to arrive through email?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Played it a bit, still prefer T1.
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I like it, I posted about it earlier with my referral link but like no one used it.
Scores: Screenshots

It's at the bloody top of page 2 of this section:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1195

And this is my link I gave seeing as I was the first to refer people.
My Referral Link

Only referral I actually got seems to be Cyber from BZ2Maps.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

My Referral Link

Nielk, we are now in direct competition.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:My Referral Link

Nielk, we are now in direct competition.
Son of a bitch.

Do we not have any respect for the fact I brought this to the community first or are we all just grubby assholes?

EDIT:
That's it, 1v1, we fight it out! And don't hide behind a heavy!
Dianoga
Rattler

Post by Dianoga »

I was thinking of trying this out again. I played for only a day or two in beta. I've been looking for a decent shooter to play lately although I'm not a pro at these games and fear I will get my ass royally kicked in this one lol. I'll probably try it anyways.

I have S8P on Xbox 360 and found it pretty fun although I only made it to level 20 something. I just always end up coming back to my PC to play games :).
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I'm not what you'd call a very good FPS'er either, still I am a top-ranker in the ones I play. That is however cause most of these games also have a support/teamplay/etc value that counts as much towards any score as kills do. It just depends on how you want to play such games and if they actually allow for it, which is something I am interested in finding out in regard to this game :)
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

In TDM you can get away with loan wolfing a bit if you are good enough, but not playing the objective can kill your team. CTF is very complex, every class has a roll, like "Heavy on Flag". I can't say much about the other modes.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

capture and hold plays like a cross between TDM and CTF, arena plays like TDM with much more emphasis on the Team.

I generally find CTF quite fun, especially when you find the right role. The heavy classes seem to work better there than in TDM, where they either play well and own the field, or get torn apart by the faster classes.

Playing scout is especially fun once you learn to nitron jump.
Dianoga
Rattler

Post by Dianoga »

Well I've got a few lucky kills in so far lol. Still trying to get used to the skiing. Entertaining enough so far to at least get me to try it a few more times to see if I can get any more lucky shots. :D
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

So I have the game, I have the launcher, I have the updates, I have an account (no confirmation needed?), however I apparently cant get anything out of the referral links. It just shows me the mainpage, me being logged in, but thats it. Using the referral button in your account-settings only tells you there are currently no more keys to give away (not sure if either of you guys get anything out of it?)

So now I'm ready to try out the game ... but for some reason I pretty much feel like booting up S8P :D

(I do apreciate how they work at Hi Rez: 'we need to install some programs, are you ok with that' .. ehhmm ..
Or the no confirmation needed, as soon as you press register and there is no going back we'll just display it defaults to you agreeing to our licenses :D)