Interesting article thread

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Re: Interesting article thread

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

And the *entire* point of what I said went right over your head.
No it didn't. Mr Obama is doing what all presidents have to. He takes office, he get briefed, he sees the writing on the wall, and keeps his mouth shut, as there is no advantage to him in exposing a bunch of greed driven lunatics and their global creation extermination tour...He might, like GW did, set up a re forestation scheme or some other initiative. But he will not mention the activities of certain corporations because, 1. They can destroy him. and 2. It will cause a serious economic problem at an inconvenient time (his presidency)
and 3. Admitting that an American corporation has effectively been operating in very much the same way as an international criminal/terrorist organisation for years and that Media and government have both conspired to keep the details of their activities out of public sight, is not likely to do anyone (in America) any good at all.
He will certainly not do what really needs to be done, even though I understand he does have the (very controversial) power to do so... :D
GW chose not to complete the International Law negotiations for a very good reason. He knew that a long queue of nations, with corporate manslaughter charges would form very quickly and the political fallout would be devastating for both parties. Although one more so than the other, the one with the clearly insane anti-environmental stance.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

people are waking up. just think how many lives would have been saved if some moms had had a Glock in their purse and/or in some guys' holsters and some training. Bad guys/cowards/crazies prey on the defenseless.

"10 min. ago -Background checks for people wanting to buy guns in Colorado jumped more than 41 percent after Friday morning's shooting at an Aurora movie theater, and firearms instructors say they're also seeing increased interest in the training required for a concealed-carry permit."

http://www.denverpost.com/

http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm <== See how many people have permits by State (you might be surprised to see which State has twice as many as Texas)

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry ... _maps.html <== See which States honor each others' permits
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Back to the "good ol days" eh? people blowing each other away in the street...Still its much cheaper than heath care. :)

Hey I just had a genius idea!(not much good to me here) With all these good folks packing guns, what you really need is a camera gun! that automatically starts videoing as soon as you draw it, be absolutely invaluable in court, proof of who drew first!
You could even build a small mobile into it that automatically calls the cops after you fire!
If one of you makes yourself a millionaire with that... all donations are gratefully accepted :twisted:

Just don't build any games into it....
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

:D

not a bad idea, really

people with concealed carry permits don't commit crimes, though; if anything, they stop them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWoLGC-n4i4

i feel very good knowing that ~3..10% of the good people around me are carrying guns for protection.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

From experience, I honestly feel safer around a rapist than a pack of people concealing guns.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Red Devil wrote::D
people with concealed carry permits don't commit crimes, though; if anything, they stop them:
Pretty much exactly. As I've said before here, I have mine, so I am extra careful about many aspects of daily life. From having that extra beer before I drive, to speeding, to where I can go with it concealed, to partying with people with more than "permissible" substances.

Once you have an arrest record, you forfeit your eligibility for a cc.

To be honest, it's much more of a bane on your daily life, most especially when you carry, than you might imagine.
Zenophas wrote:From experience, I honestly feel safer around a rapist than a pack of people concealing guns.
And yes Zen, I would be too if they are your age (not being disparaging, I just mean they are obviously too young to have a cc) and/or are carrying concealed with no permit.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Zenophas wrote:From experience, I honestly feel safer around a rapist than a pack of people concealing guns.
thank you very much again for your... colorful statement. I shall claim the rapist bit if I ever see you.
Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead. - Thomas Paine

Light travels faster than sound...
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Josiah wrote:thank you very much again for your... colorful statement. I shall claim the rapist bit if I ever see you.
Not knowing with what experience Zeno made her statement, yours is a very dangerous/possibly hurtfull joke .....
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Red Spot wrote:
Josiah wrote:thank you very much again for your... colorful statement. I shall claim the rapist bit if I ever see you.
Not knowing with what experience Zeno made her statement, yours is a very dangerous/possibly hurtfull joke .....
Indeed.

Also: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/25/world ... at-68.html
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Luckyfoot wrote:Watch. After that horrible tragedy in colorado, anti-gun people will call for stricter gun control while gun people will call say that if people were armed the guy would have been taken down.

Anti-gun: guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Gun People: Guy was wearing body armor. All you would have done is raise the chance of more deaths.

You all should both look at training people instead of controlling them.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

some elaboration?
Abraham Lincoln

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:
And the *entire* point of what I said went right over your head.
No it didn't. ...
I reiterate, you completely missed my point.

It doesn't help that then you launched into what boils down to an anti-America conspiracy, but I already know you think companies are evil horrible things and like most of the world can pretty much only say bad things about America. This will be solved after the next election I hope, since presidents are in fact NOT puppet-heads. At least, Obama clearly isn't considering he is randomly inventing more powers for *himself* by presidential decree.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Imagine what the wedding will be like:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/19097411/p ... ock-island
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It doesn't help that then you launched into what boils down to an anti-America conspiracy, but I already know you think companies are evil horrible things and like most of the world can pretty much only say bad things about America.
Quite wrong. I am not anti-American. I do have a particular gripe with one of your "evil" corporations, because they are Evil.

Unless of course I have it all wrong, and that going to other nations, corrupting their governments, causing huge amounts of environmental damage for profit and getting innocent people killed, all while avoiding any repercussions from that, is actually an "American Ideal" and what being an American is all about? If that is how it really is, then I guess I must be an Anti-American.

"Conspiracy" When I was a kid, logging news stories where quite common, one group of folks or another getting very upset about their local environment being sold from around them. They don't happen now. This isn't because the logging has stopped or just because its all happening in some distant land populated by voiceless little brown people. It is because the Media organisations will not report it, if reporting of it is unavoidable, then no organisation is ever named and the story goes away. Please prove me wrong, show me some nice pictures of X-corps nice sustainable logging and the smiling happy faces of people who really appreciated having all their trees cut down for them. Indeed, supply a link to the website from where they sell their logging equipment... (its a private network you will need a password, they are a bit shy) There is an absence...of things that should, by all reasonable assumptions, be there. This is because they are being deliberately hidden from public scrutiny in order to deprive those many who would protest, a target.
Yours is not the only nation doing this, its just the biggest, causing the most damage, or "human activity" as it is described when a convenient excuse is sought.
The flip side of course is the effect it has on the US, a few million people NOT employed by your forestry services producing sustainable lumber and lots of forest fires, because nobody is managing the forests or protecting them as an investment.
Forestry is obviously one of those industries that really do need to be nationalised... no private firm will seriously entertain a 100 year+ investment, it is a business of nations, or failed nations if they fail to do it...

That your nations whole political agenda appears to have become shaped around this issue, (Very big profits for the investors in non-sustainable resourcing) and produced a bizarre anti-environmental movement, should concern everyone, this is heading straight towards an environmental-economic disaster, that will make today's little banking issue seem quite trivial.