Interesting article thread

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Interesting article thread

Post by Nielk1 »

Its nice how you keep saying that over and over but refuse to reveal WHAT company you are talking about. Further more you are being highly selective in which is "evil" and then using it to vilify all of them. I could say the entire human race was evil if my only example was a serial killer.

You talk about America as corporately controlled, and companies being evil, it isn't even a jump to get to the anti-American viewpoint from that.

The fact of it is you are being highly selective so that ONLY 'evidence' that fits your point of view comes into any discussion of the subject and you are ensuring that you give so little identifying information that no one can even refute that.

It flat out isn't worth discussing it with you simply because no progress can be gained with someone so selective and secretive.

EDIT:
That is a straw man argument. You use this one singular example when someone else (such as I) talk about all companies and corporations as a whole, and use it to try to bash any opposing view.
  1. Person A has position X.
  2. Person B disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y.
  3. Person B attacks position Y, concluding that X is false/incorrect/flawed.
You are using this unnamed logging company of the past which you won't even name to attack all corporations. And you are making statements about how our government works, the President "seeing the writing on the wall" and acting accordingly, and saying it isn't a conspiracy claim.

You cannot be serious...
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I do not make any claim that all companies or corporations are evil, many of them are great.
I judge only by results, in this case it is the deliberate destruction of ecosystems resulting in massive loss of (non human) life and frequently human lives too. They do this to make money, an imaginary concept. Evil is the best word to describe it. They also do it despite their own native land being well endowed with the resources in question.
You are using this unnamed logging company of the past which you won't even name to attack all corporations.
No I am not. I am attacking an attitude that seems incapable of recognising evil for what it is. I have named the corporation in question before and in a PM to you now. I do not do so routinely as I do not believe I am immune from the sort of power these organisations can wield.
You read my rantings as attacks on your nation, they are not. My god Lives on Earth, those who deliberately destroy it are its and my enemy. Very simple.
Like my statement.
Grow your own trees.
How much clearer can I be.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:I do not make any claim that all companies or corporations are evil, many of them are great.
Then why do you bring it up EVERY TIME. Hell you still don't get my original point. As it is, you didn't even pay attention to the other thing I said about how businesses are in fact about numbers, not people, unless they are small. How the hell did we get on this topic? Who knows, we never fail to.
MrTwosheds wrote:I do not do so routinely as I do not believe I am immune from the sort of power these organizations can wield.
If it is true, they can't do anything to you. Furthermore, this is the internet on a personal forum. Communications here are social, as if by people in the same room, thus not subject to slander or libel laws (except in certain situations, of which this is not one).
MrTwosheds wrote:You read my rantings as attacks on your nation, they are not.
I drew that conclusion my merging the different things you said. Taking each in isolation, you did not say that, but if you hold every view you have said, you did. You bring up this evil logging corporation every time business is mentioned and you talk about America being controlled by corporations. The connection is pretty obvious.

EDIT:
MrTwosheds wrote:I am attacking an attitude that seems incapable of recognising evil for what it is.
Which is complete BS. I try to keep the focus at the large breadth and you hone it into this one specific case. It makes any proper and thoughtful discussion impossible because you exclude anything but this one thing. This is no such thing is a black and white situation. The world is grey, morality is grey, situations are complex. It is a refusal to look at both the big picture and its component parts, together, in equal important, that I take issue with.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Then why do you bring it up EVERY TIME.
They run a sort of filtering system designed to weed out people with greenish morals when taking on staff. It would seem I accidentally slipped through and spent 12 years being mystified by the stupid way the company is run, that gave me a lot of time to soak up info.
The revelation, when it came, that they actually make all their money by "Not growing trees", was stunning to say the least. It has left me "As Mad As Hell". I would never have worked for them If I had actually known what they were doing.
Imagine a devout priest finding out that there had been a satanic temple hidden underneath his alter for 12 years...That's how it is for me.
So now every time something like the Koyoto agreement, international law etc etc gets wrecked by your governments weird attitude to such things. I, unfortunately, understand who's BIG money-for-nothing-Earth-killing-pyramid scheme is being protected and why.
Last edited by MrTwosheds on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Just name the corporation publicly and have it over with, FFS.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

The Document Company, nice nickname eh?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Sounds like you got a rare case of a bad company. Most aren't that bad, most are sensical.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Yes. And like I say, its historic, they cannot actually just go and buy half of the forests in America now in order to rectify the situation, its just impossible, so they are stuck doing what they have always done. The big question is who fails first them or the planets ecosystem. Personally I favour having the company humanly destroyed as soon as possible and for the US to do what every other sustainable lumber producing nation does and create a nationalised industry that produces American lumber, grown by Americans in America. Doing this while they still operate is impossible however as the non-arbourous technique is impossible to compete against, while it still produces the goods that is. I strongly suspect that this aspect of your nations economy is currently being sustained by the natural wealth of the Congo, whom, you may be aware, have been having a little local disagreement for the last 12 years or so...The details of which seem to be strangely elusive though.
So you see the problem, Your government can't stop them pillaging other nations wealth, without collapsing one of your most important industries, and it cannot easily work alongside them to recover the situation at home. **** creek without a paddle.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

quick, everyone throw away your refrigerator magnets before you swallow them!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology- ... 14700.html

:roll:
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I love the way the company are trying to spin that as the president's fault.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

Red Devil wrote:quick, everyone throw away your refrigerator magnets before you swallow them!
*Sighs*
"It is not only his right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:I love the way the company are trying to spin that as the president's fault.
The utter insanity of the things the current administration has done means that the mere invocation of the name of our president with relation to an opposing view gains you 10 arbitrary points.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Although I hear this all too often, I can't wait to see the pics. ;)
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

You're probably just that guy who likes to take it to the next family event :D