BZ's Mag Arena

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Apollo
Sabre

Re: BZ's Mag Arena

Post by Apollo »

AHadley wrote:- You posted a link to a site hosting a 1.4 installer. Anything else is semantics. We were obliged to treat it in exactly the same manner as links to Spock's site, something that later led to a refining of our linking policy.

- This was never done publicly and Avatar never gave us any indication of having given approval. It doesn't matter that Spock asked for approval anyway; our warez policy was clear. It should never have been given. Even slightly questionable software was to be removed. (As an interesting point, it was not I who banned Spock. He deserved it, but another moderator did it a few hours earlier.)

- What BZU's management as a whole did and why they did it has nothing to do with our discussion here. I neither know nor care what the management did before I became a moderator. As for Loki's job... how on earth is that supposed to be relevant? So he worked in a prison. What of it?

- The BZE/1.5 thing is your opinion, and it is my opinion that it is wrong. We will never know for sure until somebody gets a lawyer in here; something I highly advise against in case everything turns out to be illegal.

Okay, can someone split this?
Show me the link to warez i allegedly posted on BZU then!
I suspect you can't or you already would have, so this statement amouts to libel.
I asked for it to be split long ago BTW.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Apollo wrote: Show me the link to warez i allegedly posted on BZU then!
I suspect you can't or you already would have, so this statement amouts to libel.
Full well do you know what happened to BZU. I spend a good hour or more yesterday trawling the outdated backup for any evidence of the incident we are discussing and I have yet to find anything. So I can no more prove any of this happened than you can.

I feel I have fully explained my actions. Links to BZ installers and links to sites hosting BZ installers were removed after a link to one got the site into hot water. Quotes further up in the thread explain why. This is long enough ago for me to not remember exactly what you were linking to; but it was grounds for its removal under the site's rules. Evidence of this is visible throughout the backup.

Remember which of us brought the issue up. You're dredging up ancient history, completely unnecessarily, in an attempt to prove that I have an agenda against you and/or BZE. I do not.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

It was the owner of the physical server that demanded its removal, not the staff. Cease your persecution complex.

For someone who claims all his replies are because of wanting to fix incorrect 'facts' you sure can't get anything right.
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

AHadley wrote:Thanks to Hitch at least for being more sensible.
Well it helps that I missed like six pages of 'discussion.' :mrgreen:
Seriously though, think things are being blown out of proportion.

Girls, you're all pretty.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I do not post links to installers on 3rd party sites, that is why you can't find it, simple as that.
You must be thinking of a link someone else posted.
Back then i didn't have a 1.4 installer available, you maybe refering to Nav Beacons server which was hosting that installer at the time in question. The admin back then was not contacted in regards to any links from me, it was about your behavior. We was in agreement as i recall.
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

*sigh*

I removed a link you posted due to an infarction of warez rules. End of story.
And like I said, A/M Discussion was a closed board. Also end of story.

Now, this has absolutely no relevance to why I don't like BZE and absolutely no relevance to BFT's work. Quite how it's managed to reach so many pages of discussion I'm not sure, but it is entirely unnecessarily. I've said all I care to; if you want to argue more I'll just keep referring you to the previous posts.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo, at this point, it is pretty clear your recollection is wrong.

I am in a position to get BzE some distribution if you want it, all it would need is a public download page that links the installer *AND* a scan of that letter of permission we know you have.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

No thanks, people know where it is if they want to try it.
It's not a matter of recall, it's my policy to not post links to the game on any 3rd party sites.
My license requires writen permission for 3rd parties to mirror it. (which many ignore)

Ahadley, it was your abuse of mod power that was put to an end, not any alleged warez link from me.
Cmptrwz and I had an agreement long before the time in question so stop with your accusations of warez.
If you're done talking stop posting, that usually works well. ;)
Last edited by Apollo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

I would be interested to see someone do a rank table, possibly even a pivot chart including an end of thread participation curve to be more fair, of the individuals who are common denominators of locked threads, I think that will show why this has gone on for several pages. But of course I would imagine you'd get the canned justification of instigation.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i still don't know where to get it... :?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Red Devil wrote:i still don't know where to get it... :?
The link on my sig goes to the forum, you have to register and i can set you to the group where you can access it.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:Ahadley, it was your abuse of mod power that was put to an end, not any alleged warez link from me.
Cmptrwz and I had an agreement long before the time in question so stop with your accusations of warez.
If you're done talking stop posting, that usually works well. ;)
That *NEVER* happened... CmptrWz himself said the link had to be removed because his server host demanded it. Spock probably reported it to the host and then every single time it was linked it was a problem.

Your recollection is not only flawed, its like a haphazard fever dream, a delusion of unimaginably asinine quality.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Why would Spock report a warez link on BZU then ask a mod for permission to add his own warez link, your statements are asinine. Get a grip troll you're going mental.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Apollo wrote:Why would Spock report a warez link on BZU then ask a mod for permission to add his own warez link
Actually, that makes perfect sense, if you use SpockLogic
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:Why would Spock report a warez link on BZU then ask a mod for permission to add his own warez link, your statements are asinine. Get a grip troll you're going mental.
Because it is par for the course for Spock?

To my recollection BTW it was posts to the site offering BzE that were, incorrectly noting your letter of permission (which I would like to see again), a problem. Blame the host, not AHadley.