Battlezone II v1.3.6.3 Public Beta released

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Kite
Scrap

Re: Battlezone II v1.3.6.3 Public Beta released

Post by Kite »

Fantastic! This made my day. Battlezone II has life once again! Thanks GSH :)
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

There appears to be a small glitch I'm surprising no one has reported. It actually cripples the defenses of the Gun Spires if you get into their blind spot now, which is in a weird position. Made a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHU5F0vf6Ks - This didn't happen before the update and only after. I'm also noticing some rather jaggy movements of the Scion ships, and probably the ISDF as well, but I primary as a Scion player, so..

[edit] If I need a video of a lower angle, I can do that. I know the way I angled the camera is a bit high.
Last edited by TwinShadow on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

The gunspire glitch looks fairly serious. It prevents the spire from hitting targets between 130m to 40m. It will be fixed for VSR 4.3 which has a long term goal of being enableable and be able to be fully integrated into MPI (including Hadean and IC races), when this happens (which wont be for over a month) then other fixes like the GS fix will be by extension transferred to MPI modes too when VSR is selected as the recycler variant.

Also I noticed that reflections seem to be working properly now (non buggy), so good job GSH on fixing those too.

Terrain lodding at long distances seems to be overly aggressive but fortunately the distance setting is user-adjustable.
Last edited by Zero Angel on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

yeah that looks pretty significant aye, also being a scion player this is not a good sight, though, i dont consider spires very reliable anyway

is there a change log anywhere?
MLG bz2 m8
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Someone else reported to me that the gunspires where doing this and I didn't report it because it was during a game that was lagging out. Looks like it is something to fix, where the spires acr bolt used to go right through the spires structure but it doesn't now.

I'll try to get a save game to submit to GSH
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

One thing I can't stand about this new patch is that when I start BZ2, it makes everything else quieter. I'd be talking to a friend on Steam, and it'd go quiet. I'd be listening to a podcast/music, and it'd go quiet. I HATE this. Even when I turn the BZ2 volume down, it still won't allow my music to be turned up.

That's just my main problem.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I don't care too much for that implementation either. However you can easily disable it by right-clicking on your volume icon, selecting 'Playback Devices', and then navigating to the communications tab and disabling the sound muffing thing. That said, it may make it harder to hear in-game voice chat over music, if you make use of that.
Regulators
Earn your keep
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Gun spires are indeed hitting their own collisions and are completely ineffective against units at close range. Probably got the wrong model again.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Zero Angel wrote:I don't care too much for that implementation either. However you can easily disable it by right-clicking on your volume icon, selecting 'Playback Devices', and then navigating to the communications tab and disabling the sound muffing thing. That said, it may make it harder to hear in-game voice chat over music, if you make use of that.
Thank you, kind sir.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Sound muffling is one of the most annoying windows features. It is implemented quite poorly. I would rather Windows let me lie to each individual program about what is my default input and output and communication devices rather than force a global only setting just so the damn shoddy muffling works.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Also noticed in an 4player MPI, with 4 players present the commander cannot give up command.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Guess I was wrong about reflections, they are a little buggy (reflected fog is white instead of the fog color) -- but at least its usable and looks spiffy in the right situations. I'm looking for ways to minimize reflection fog on some maps that I manage so that the maps can look really stunning.
Regulators
Earn your keep
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:Also noticed in an 4player MPI, with 4 players present the commander cannot give up command.
That already happened before 6.3. Leaving generally works to swap command, but ofcourse it wont if the commander is also the host. (I wouldnt advertise switching servers either.)
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

I'm currently testing mods. So far, Uler works fine (no change), except that when I start a Uler Instant Mission it says 2 odf files are missing. From my knowledge this doesn't affect anything.
BZC doesn't seem to. Idk y. A pop up window comes up (which I'll post in the BZC thread if this hasn't already been reported.)

I'm also going to test out the Gun Spire glitch. (I'm interested to see what exactly happens.) My Internet went down for the past 5 hours so I couldn't do anything, but tonight I'll try to test random things and play MP if anyone wants to.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i've got to finish up some Uler AIP's. just about got all of G66 MPI added to IA now.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA