Re: runescape

Post by Red Spot »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66

We already have a Purplehaze :D
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Man, I abandoned this piece of crap of a game ages ago. Looked crap then, still looks crap now... Too bad I got cheated out of my money.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

I tried it out with a friend several years ago and it was terrible. I only found the game somewhat likable when I was trolling and harassing kids on the road and stuff.

But, after that and some hate mail I sent to Jagex, I got banned.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

HanSolo962 likes it. (He's on the forum). Never could get into it.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Zenophas wrote:I tried it out with a friend several years ago and it was terrible. I only found the game somewhat likable when I was trolling and harassing kids on the road and stuff.

Played runescape in like... 2005? Cracking off cheesy pickup lines on female characters and seeing their reactions was my favorite way to amuse myself. Grinding crafting to max level and getting ganked by wizards at the entrance of the wilderness didnt strike me as something I could do for extended periods of time (keep in mind I managed to get full rune equipment and maxed out fishing and woodcutting). I can see how some people can enjoy themselves but there's certainly better options out there for people like myself.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Zero Angel wrote:
Zenophas wrote:I tried it out with a friend several years ago and it was terrible. I only found the game somewhat likable when I was trolling and harassing kids on the road and stuff.

Played runescape in like... 2005? Cracking off cheesy pickup lines on female characters and seeing their reactions was my favorite way to amuse myself. Grinding crafting to max level and getting ganked by wizards at the entrance of the wilderness didnt strike me as something I could do for extended periods of time (keep in mind I managed to get full rune equipment and maxed out fishing and woodcutting). I can see how some people can enjoy themselves but there's certainly better options out there for people like myself.
I remember maxing my magic and woodcutting, but that was about it for my account. Although, I have no idea what my info is anymore and can no longer access my account. As if I care about it anymore, dumb game anyway.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Spot wrote:memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66

That is probably because this is PurpleHaze...

I stopped playing when they broke their long held promises about additional content and money. This has lasted long than WoW, started sooner, works in the browser, has more mebers than WoW, and even has no "realm locking". It was a pretty good game up until the original creators ceased all involvement. Downhill spiral started when they had their first convention, that is when the promises were broken.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Nielk1 wrote:
Red Spot wrote:memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66

That is probably because this is PurpleHaze...
I assumed he was, but seeing as we do have a PH on this forum I just gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldnt resort to creating double accounts.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

I have a runescape account, Darkhemming, but it sees little to no use recently ever since the terrible update months that were April, May and June. July might be enough to resubscribe, but that's heavily dependant on if I can find a job before then or not.

Statistically I'm okay, maxed combat except ranged and summoning, 2150ish total level. 99 slayer. About 450 mil in the bank.

The game's still a decent timesink but when you live for quests there's only so much grind you can do before it starts to lose its charm. I'm a quest cape holder since December, lost it in January to the World Wakes and got it back on release day. The sad part is because of their absolute refusal to make more quests I still have it.

My thoughts are neutral on the EOC, although in recent months I've been leaning towards dislike for it. It seems like they have no idea what they want to do with it, which compounded with the fact that it's still seriously imbalanced means that the players are in for a rough ride for the next... Three years or so. If I wanted an imbalanced combat system, I'll take the one with special attacks and consistent hits.