Battlezone Wiki

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Battlezone Wiki

Post by Nielk1 »

Be nice if we could make BZComplex a sort of "memory beta" (wonder who will get that reference).
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I thought that's what we were doing anyway? :P
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Fukushu Sha
Scrap

Post by Fukushu Sha »

Perhaps you failed to notice the fact that there was another wiki already in existence, the same name as yours, except with "The" at the front of it. It was already online before you hijacked someone else's wiki, for your information.

Yes, it may seem to be in a state of disrepair, but that is because there was somewhat of a lack of enthusiasm from the community in which I am a part of, none other than battlezone1.org. You may see that this wiki has only Battlezone 1 content on it, which is how I planned it to be. But, seeing as other wikis feature articles from all different sequels of a franchise, I'll let you off.

The reason why I am posting this is not to "whine" in any sense, but to ask why you didn't contact me before you had a crack at setting up a Battlezone wiki. I would be more than willing to chip in and improve it, and so would others on battlezone1.org which you do not necessarily have to post on if you're somewhat of a xenophobic, or if you have some wild story about Spock banning you.

From the onset it looks as though you could do with all the help you can get for this project.

For the record, I'm Total x Avenger who is the administrator of that wiki.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Aah, hello there! I sent you an e-mail about your wiki when I discovered it, I presume you've now recieved it and the follow-up of a week or so ago. I apologise for not contacted you when adopting the wikia; I only discovered your wiki just before New Year's, by which time I'd been bureaucrat on the adopted wiki for a time. Had I discovered your wiki first I'd have contacted you so we could spearhead some kind of merger or co-operation.

The reason I don't post on bz1.org is indeed because I was banned. I have no problem with any of the people there bar the obvious one or two, and no doubt you've heard enough stories, so I won't regale you with mine unless you particularly want to. I haven't been posting, but I do have another account there I use simply to watch what's going on in the private boards; in fact, I found your wiki through your thread there. It does indeed seem that there isn't a great deal of interest over there - nor is there on BZW. Since taking on the other wiki I've had only three or four other edits, all from anonymous users.

I could indeed do with all the help I can get. You may or may not (probably not) know of the third Battlezone wiki (chronologically the first, I believe; it was originally on a now-defunt website called BZWasteland); it's now at BZComplex and contains a great deal of non-canon content; a "Memory Beta", if you will. Nielk1 (the admin there) and I are co-operating heavily and exchanging a lot of content, and I hope we can do the same.

I'll fire you a PM, we've got a lot to discuss.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Fukushu Sha, your wiki was created on:
13:41, November 6, 2011

The wiki AHadley has adopted was created on:
19:31, November 14, 2009

My wiki on my own site was moved to it's current domain (the move was mostly manual rather than batch) on:
06:04, 24 December 2007

AHadley adopted a wiki, he did not create it.
I have to ask why you created a new wikia rather than use this existing one? If it was inactive, why did you not make a move to adopt it like AHadley has? If it was active, why did you not contribute there?

You have no right to even be in a position to say "I'll let you off". There seems to be some sort of movement among the BZ1 community where everyone wants to be in control of all media and information on the subject to conform it to their will and control all other players. We will not, ever, go to a closed garden site to ask permission to do something for which no one there owns the rights to decide. If we need to ask permission, we will talk to Nathan Mates, Ken Miller, any other of the programers and artists on the projects, the publishers and developer's legal departments, or anyone in control of the given area. To this end, we have followed Wikia's full guidelines and after failing to contact the former admin of the oldest and most informative Battlezone Wikia moved through the formal adoption process.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

...can we not go through all that again? :P
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Interwiki operation between BZComplex and BZWiki has officially begun, starting with The History of Biometal Warfare. The twelve-part serial was released on pandemicstudios.com to promote Battlezone II's release and told parts of the history of biometal that were previously unknown.

Since this is canon, pages relating to Jon Beardsly and the Reich and Truman technology can now be removed from BZComplex.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:Interwiki operation between BZComplex and BZWiki has officially begun, starting with The History of Biometal Warfare. The twelve-part serial was released on pandemicstudios.com to promote Battlezone II's release and told parts of the history of biometal that were previously unknown.

Since this is canon, pages relating to Jon Beardsly and the Reich and Truman technology can now be removed from BZComplex.
Please make a template that auto-adds the category "candidate for deletion" or some such and puts an info box to that note on the top of the page. Unless you already deleted it.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

This might make interesting reading to some. As might this.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Ken Miller has a character named after him. Her name is Tom. I find that amusing; Ken, on the other hand, does not.
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

I guess this would be a better place to post this topic
="AHadley"]TRO's manual was in HTML, I have it transcribed on the wiki, but Battlegrounds had one? I'd be interested in taking a look at that. And high-res images of the fronts and backs of each box would be useful too.

Anything else unusual in those boxes?
yes battlegrounds does ... :) I looked a long time for battlegrounds online and when I finally got it in my hands couldn't believe I finally got a copy of it ......... also i have the gold pack stuff.... and a few other boxes of battlezone Atari stuff
i'll try to organise something for ya.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Anything and everything you can transcribe, copy, photograph, scan or otherwise send my way is greatly appreciated.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Frank Burns' DNA matches with Braddock's, though those of other Scions do not. source. He may not actually be a Scion source.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

AHadley wrote:Ken Miller has a character named after him. Her name is Tom. I find that amusing; Ken, on the other hand, does not.
"The reports of my lack of amusement are greatly exaggerated." :)
Eddy
Rattler

Post by Eddy »

I found a PDF version of the original BZ manual on the XPLOSIV release CD of BZ 1.4. Do you have that on the wiki?

Eddy