Spore

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Spot
Attila

Spore

Post by Red Spot »

Got the game from a friend, which suggested I simply try it.

I'd suggest the same to you :)

The game isnt particularly great, it is in effect several little games in one with a bit more gameplay in the last stage (space age). The game is made in a funny way, allows for some character creation, some choices that impact later stages, bit of strategy .. just something you should give a try (but I already mentioned that :D).

In case you dont know the game, you start as a cell-organism, develop to become a creature, later form a tribe, become civilized, and lastly explore space .. and in every stage except the last the goal is become the dominant party in order to advance to the next stage, but in the last you have a 'quest' (make spooky sounds when reading that!).

The game has a few DLC's (afaik), but I havent tried those.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Re: Spore

Post by TwinShadow »

I played it a couple years ago, but honestly.. I didn't really enjoy it all that much. A lot of the hype on the game didn't really live for me, so it was more over-hyped and not that great of a game than what others made it out to be. I mean, I could beat those "quests" in roughly 3 hours on occasions.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Vassili
Thunderbolt

Post by Vassili »

I have buy it, i have play it one time from the cell to space, and i never had replay it, yes that was enjoyable the first time, but after it's always the same story, acts, everything, it's BORING.
I recommend to test the game, not to buy it, you will loose money (and me i loose more i have buy it when he was new).
Microsoft have present this game like Apple presents all theyr ****, "it's formidable".
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Did any of you realise how much freedom this game gives by making different characters, and I'm not talking about the visual aspect of the game?

You need to play it at least 3 times to apreciate what is in the game and what diversity it allows.

I've for instance just found out I am best of uplifting creatures, as their planets act as homeplanet and so can output over 3 times what regular planets can .. after conquering the planet ofcourse :twisted:
Vassili
Thunderbolt

Post by Vassili »

Did any of you realise how much freedom this game gives by making different characters.
Yes, it's exactly the only freedom, so it's not a freedom, it's the base point of the game.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

I've actually replayed it about 5 times, differentiating a bit each time. But Spore got boring extremely quick to me and wasn't really all that fun. My creative mind is best left elsewhere actually. There are still limits to the creation either way in Spore.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.