Greatest Games Of All Time

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: Greatest Games Of All Time

Post by Zero Angel »

I rather liked Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes on the original xbox. It was an FPRTS game in which you could take direct control of any unit on the battlefield and switch between all the other units. If your hero's unit clashed with another unit then you would go into a third-person combat sequence where you could control your hero to do massive destruction to an enemy unit (dynasty-warriors style) while all your troop orders played out in real time. It had that fast and frantic style that kind of reminded me of BZ2. Actually come to think of it, i'd like to add that to my greatest games list. Man it was good.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
rice303
Rattler

Post by rice303 »

Are you talking about Human Revolution? -- Also, have you ever played the original Deus Ex? (Its old but now theres modpacks that improve its textures and add shader effects)[/quote]

Yeah, it's pretty sweet, I heard the end of Human Revolution (an after credit scene) Is connected to the first game so I intend on playing it, even if it's getting dated
Life isn't about love, hate or fear, it's about understanding that there's more then just us excising in this world, you may hate someone for their decision, but in the end, it's never your fault and you can always move on....
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Battlezone (1 and 2)
Halo (Just Halo Custom Edition, and original Halo 2 for the Xbox)
KoToR II
C&C Red Alert 2 (And it's expansion Yuri's Revenge)
GTA V (and Online, although Online could use much improvement and the story mode needs improvement)
Saint's Row (I personally liked 2 a lot, 3 is nice, 4... well... good ending to the series I guess?)
Mass Effect (all 3, I've never felt such a connection to a game's characters than this series..)

Although my choices are my opinion, some of these games people have posted about I have played or seen (like Total Annihilation - I kinda want to play that again but have no clue where to find it)
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

DarkCobra262 wrote:Mass Effect (all 3, I've never felt such a connection to a game's characters than this series..)
In 3 I almost got tears in my eyes and it got really silent inside me when the cutscene played where the 2 shuttles got shot down .. you probably know what I mean. Never had that before in a game.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'll never understand all the hate that game got for its ending. They had to unify all the plot strands and that was the best way of doing it.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Dunno, never finished the game without the extended cut dlc, which was ok, not great though. It surelly did not get me involved as the endings of the previous 2 games did, which was a bit of a let down.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Red Spot wrote:
DarkCobra262 wrote:Mass Effect (all 3, I've never felt such a connection to a game's characters than this series..)
In 3 I almost got tears in my eyes and it got really silent inside me when the cutscene played where the 2 shuttles got shot down .. you probably know what I mean. Never had that before in a game.
I got quite emotional and actually kind of angry at the Reapers tbh... never had any emotional experiences about a video games besides the end of ME2 and all throughout ME3..
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Half Life 2
BattleZone
BattleZone II: Combat Commander
Super Mario 64
Metal Gear Solid
Portal 2

Garry's Mod (dunno if it counts)
rice303
Rattler

Post by rice303 »

I am planning on buying all the Mass Effects in a pack and passing them all, I've heard both good and bad things about all of them, a lot of the hate towards the endings I've heard is that there isn't much variety and the creators had stated there would be 'X' amount of endings but simply allowed the player to choose 3 different fates with minor things changed around. That sentence probably didn't make much sense, but I know what I'm on about :P Binary Domain is actually a damn good game as well, it seems once the generation ends you find out about all the smaller games that deserved the recognition that others received.
Life isn't about love, hate or fear, it's about understanding that there's more then just us excising in this world, you may hate someone for their decision, but in the end, it's never your fault and you can always move on....
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

rice303 wrote:I am planning on buying all the Mass Effects in a pack and passing them all, I've heard both good and bad things about all of them, a lot of the hate towards the endings I've heard is that there isn't much variety and the creators had stated there would be 'X' amount of endings but simply allowed the player to choose 3 different fates with minor things changed around. That sentence probably didn't make much sense, but I know what I'm on about :P Binary Domain is actually a damn good game as well, it seems once the generation ends you find out about all the smaller games that deserved the recognition that others received.
The hate towards Mass Effect is entirely unjustified. When you have a branching narrative that broad, it becomes very difficult to close without feeling very limited, but the sixteen promised endings are all there (more when you play with the extended cut DLC).
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:I'll never understand all the hate that game got for its ending. They had to unify all the plot strands and that was the best way of doing it.
Broken promises.
They said it would be one thing, and it would not be the sort of ending where you just push button 1 or button 2, and then it literally was.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

There's very little more they could have done.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:There's very little more they could have done.
Except fighting fantasy adventure books have done it better for years.

How hard would it be to at least take all the fragments of what you did and make a closing that ties up what lose ends YOU MADE during the story?
They finally did that with the free ending fix dlc, but it feels poorly done due to it being outside their original budget and rushed.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

For me its basicly what N1 said, eventhough I dont expect commercial companies to keep their word. In 1 and 2 you actually had an ending that changed everything, if you lost you team or did not, your decisions at least had some impact. In 3, eventhough I wont bash the game, the ending was rather lacking. The cutscenes where nice, but thats pretty much where the difference was in the endings.
Next is the war readiness thing ... stupid! I dont want to play some gamemode just so it changes the outcome of my SP-campaign. That part was also slightly hacked in my game ... 100% readiness all the way :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:Next is the war readiness thing ... stupid! I dont want to play some gamemode just so it changes the outcome of my SP-campaign. That part was also slightly hacked in my game ... 100% readiness all the way :)
You've never needed to play anything other than singleplayer to increase readiness.