space station mod

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

blue banana
Sabre

space station mod

Post by blue banana »

hm i was thinking about that one mission on rend where the isdf mothership and burns blow up, and i was thinking about
SPACE STATIONZ
i think there should be a mod where most of the game is played on a space station. i already got some ideas, but i cant contribute to the programming since IM ON A CRAP MAC
Baconboy
Attila

Re: space station mod

Post by Baconboy »

This is the fourth mod idea since I joined BZU and this forum.
Please, start doing something instead of making ideas.
Maybe, you can start with a rec variant, like Blakis did.

Nice Avatar, btw. :D
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

Seriously, just make your own ideas. Blue Banana's ideas. And put them all there.
And a space station wouldn't really make sense for BZII, unless someone invaded Earth. Why?
1. Considering that each one is so massive, you can't really build it with a building. Only a constructor might be able to, and even then... What would it do?
a. Contribute energy/tech/something else. Then its kind of a waste of time. Just use a normal building that serves the same purpose.
b. Kind of like a floating weapon: Then it can't really move... but that would be cool. It'd be like a floating guntower...
2. If we were to play on a space station... Wouldn't it just be a simple FPS because its not big enough to hold all the units and take the damage from flying Blast cannons?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

It could make sense in a way. You just make it like the final ISDF mission (inside of Core), and make the outer areas look like space -- if people try to leave the station (ie: by using cracks in the wall models) then just put some invisible, damaging water tiles outside the station that will instagib anything that leaves the station. I doubt it will happen unless some modder/mapper wants to make it part of their own project. It would be a lot of work, after all.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Banana, I liked the Pegasus idea, but it was never made.
But this is not the best idea I've heard from you...
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Baconboy wrote:This is the fourth mod idea since I joined BZU and this forum.
Please, start doing something instead of making ideas.
well if you have a problem with these ideas dont post in them. and i hope you know that the only thing i can contribute to battlezone now that i have a mac is ideas. my pc broke right when i was in the middle of making the pegasus mod
Lionsword7 wrote:2. If we were to play on a space station... Wouldn't it just be a simple FPS because its not big enough to hold all the units and take the damage from flying Blast cannons?
actually the ship can be as big as a regular map. if your comparing this mod in playing inside that mothership then i see your point, but that could be a smaller mothership
blakiseskream
Drunken Scav

Post by blakiseskream »

blue banana wrote:actually the ship can be as big as a regular map. if your comparing this mod in playing inside that mothership then i see your point, but that could be a smaller mothership
it's Rama.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

They do everything in threes....

But seriously, everyone has mod ideas. An idea isn't substantial unless you're willing to work on it, because unless it was truely exceptional (this isn't) you'll find that nobody wants to work on it.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

At least he tried to work on Pegasus.
Maybe, banana, you could find someone to help you with Pegasus.
It's a nice idea and it'd be fun to play!
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

yes you are right bacon, and i am now so pissed because i just recently checked the hard drive and EVERYTHING is corrupted

@shadow knight: well every single battlezone game, expansion, and mod all had planets and only planets on them. it should start to get boring soon
Iron Maiden
Sabre

Post by Iron Maiden »

I don't, humans have been on earth a while and we are still not bored of it. We just don't like to clean up our mess.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Darn, banana.
I was looking forward to seeing what you were doing in Pegasus...
:(
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Also, is this what you want banana in your space station mod?

S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

blue banana wrote:hm i was thinking about that one mission on rend where the isdf mothership and burns blow up, and i was thinking about
SPACE STATIONZ
i think there should be a mod where most of the game is played on a space station. i already got some ideas, but i cant contribute to the programming since IM ON A CRAP MAC
this could be done but like most of the other people here I am not going to do it for you and if its not done right it will not be worth the time that whent in to it.
IM ON A CRAP MAC
unless I am wrong steam mite let you run BZ2 provided you can find a copy off there site. I could be wrong!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

BZ2 is not on Steam, and even if it were, only certain Steam games work on a mac.

To Banana: try running Bootcamp, or VMWare, or something.