Universum: War Front

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Universum: War Front

Post by Psyringe »

Website | http://universumwar.com

'Each Energy Source has 3 NODES to connect buildings.' | 'Energy Sources can be interconnected' | 'Hero must manually activate the Energy Sources and resources' | 'To unlock new units and buildings your Commander (Hero-class character) must evolve'
Find more mechanics @ SteamGreenlight, "NODE-based Strategy Gameplay. New Video!"

YouTube
Node Based Strategy
June 13, 2014

YouTube
GUI for Missions & Skirmish, Air Force, Survival Mode
Nov 5, 2014

YouTube
New Oceanic Level, Underwater, HUD's
Aug 1, 2014

Here's some back story. Universum: War Front by StarworksArt Studio was funded for it's first installment at $45,650 Nov. 1st 2013. While it follows many of the same conceptual ideas as Battlezone, it was advertised as also employing MOBA RPG ARTS. During the course of the last year, the Developer published the above videos.

Engine | Unity3D engine, DirectX 11 and Nvidia PhysiX.
Target Platforms | Windows, Linux, OSX, Steam, and Desura

The solo developer Cyril Megem claims it will be a 'No pay for win' game, 'and in minimum complete set before December 2014'. The game is to feature a Multiplayer Battle Arena.

'StarworksArt Studio is a small indie game developer with big ideas, which is located in Boston (MA). It was founded in 2012 by Cyril Megem, who was formerly the lead artist in the game development department of Monte Christo (famous French publisher). After leaving their office Cyril decided to focus on his own game project development. He spent over a year working alone and doing all necessary works from graphics and game design to programming, and even music composing. In 2013 he met Brian Dinh, who decided to join Cyril, taking a responsibility for marketing and community management. Having done a lot of work, they are planning to raise enough funds to expand the team, and to release their first game title “Uniwersum: War Front”.'

Kickstarter | Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | Wikia | Steam Greenlight | Soundcloud (Cyril Megem) | Deviant Art (Exyder)

Monte Christo | Wiki | IGN
Kiev Games (subsidary of Monte Cristo Multimedia) | ModDB
DIOSoft

Image of the developer Cyril Megem and projects he worked on

Awards
CGArena Award 2009
Render Award 2004

Games (From Left To Right)
Game | Pirate Hunter (?)
Developer | ND Games (IGN)
Publisher | Noviy Disk (IGN)

Game | Crazy Frog Racer (2005) (Wiki)
Developer | Digital Jesters (Wiki), Neko Entertainment (Wiki)
Publisher | Ubisoft, DTP (Digital Entertainment Pool) (IGN)

Game | Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium (2011) (IGN)
Developer | ERS G-Studio (IGN)
Publisher | Encore (IGN), ERS G-Studio

Game | Cities XL (2009) (Wiki)
Developer | Monte Cristo (Wiki)
Publisher | Monte Cristo

na, na

Interview Quotes
'Using the Unity engine I can quite easily make a version for Linux. But it will require a lot of time testing, thats why version of early access to Linux’s will be a little bit later.' - RootGamer (September 15, 2013)
'Different set of circumstances can suddenly break any of your plans, but do not be upset about it. For example, three times I had postponed the launch date of Kickstarter campaign.' - True PC Gaming (October 18, 2013)
'Much more important is the number of simultaneous matches. As a result of winning or losing in match will be decided who will control a appropriate sector on the global map, which will give the player some bonuses.' - Worlds Factory (October 29, 2013)

Tags: rts fps mmo action single player multi third person first warhammer battlefield dota starwars battlezone ii iii 1 2 3 scifi sci fi sci-fi space infantry vehicle mech alien creature research tech strech goals render.ru english russian ukrainian

Changelist
Nov 26 | Publish
Nov 27 | Spellfix
Nov 28 | Tags, Game Sources, Format

...Thoughts?
Last edited by Psyringe on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:13 am, edited 9 times in total.
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Re: Universum: War Front

Post by Juggernaut »

WOW! This looks great!
Specs:
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i5 3570K @4.5Ghz CPU
16GB DDR31600 Corsair RAM
MSI Z77A-G41 MOBO
Crucial 256GB SSD | 500GB WD HDD
EVGA REF GTX-970 4GB ACX 2.1 GPU
27" LG D2743 Cinema 3D IPS LED @1920x1080 60Hz
ASUS Xonar DGX APU
Cable Internet - 35Mb/6Mb
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Kinda looks like Jesus.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

It 'looks' cool, but somehow I think the game play may be very annoying. Similar to how a lot of BZ-players are not able to properly use the sat-view 'on the go'.
Perhaps I should give it a go before I pass any judgement though. 8-)
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

It looks as if you need to be near a Node and under the "Orange/Yellow" beam to use strategy. Which is much different than a single recycler, or sat-view - similar to relay bunker.

It would explain why the Hero is flying around the map to build various units and structures on each Node. It may also open the gameplay to many commanders on a small/local battle scale with the potential of an "overall commander" (orders to heros) -- but yea, the control scheme has potential of becoming very frustrating.

Just speculation.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Multiplayer confirmed, and mentions of 1v1 and 3v3.
Quotes:
"The basic MultiPlayer already implemented in the game."
"Regarding multiplayer- Multiplayer is an option on the main menu, it works with online game but you have to open your router's port, reference the game manual Cyril included.
I have tried it 1v1, it works but I haven't had the opportunity yet to try a 3v3 game."

SRC | http://universumwar.com/forum/11-22-1

The game entered official pre-release today, with plans to drop next year sometime. The beta has been out since January, though.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

I could have done without all of the opinions. But this looks legit. I'm curious if it's the users computer - or the game - or my ram - that stutters. He claims he plays at 60fps. At this time, the video only has 20 views. ...having the volume on is debatable - watch for him to look like he's explaining something.

Universum war front: alpha footage | Dec. 25 | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zWDGtQQ9qg
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

LAN CONFIRMED. Same forum source as above.

The pre-release version of this game has both LAN and Online.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

NEW UNIVERSUM GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

Watch his new Skirmish - forum moderator playing as the aliens.
Although... now the volume isn't loud enough... crank it up and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U25yG93 ... e=youtu.be
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Universum Skirmish Gameplay Footage.

http://youtu.be/iM5NtynjoSE