Tournament Rules Help (Single Posting, Both Games)

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Tournament Rules Help (Single Posting, Both Games)

Post by Ded10c »

Given the size of the entrance I'm not sure you could really call that an exploit. You can quite happily fit a Sabre through it.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It's just considered lame by most players. Not that it would stop some if they thought it would save them from the humiliation of a defeat, some of the "10 minutes is too long" guys get really jumpy if they see a kiln get upgraded. :)
Shooting buildings from the inside as a pilot is a futile but legitimate way to annoy your opponent.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Nielk1 wrote:I'm lost, back when I played rec rushing was standard. If both teams were competent it was fought off without major damage to either side.
There are a few things that I always thought were bullshit like humping turrets so they couldn't shoot you and other turrets wouldn't shoot you because of the collision intersection but I am pretty sure 1.3 resolved that.

Generally vehicles don't go in buildings. If you're a pilot in a building, you can shoot, but don't drive your scout in a door smaller than it and then shoot from inside.
The same with killing empties and the likes. The current set of players seems to have added a set of rules which have more or less been accepted as the standard.
In 1.2 you basicly had:
-No going inside enemy buildings
-No turrets under pools

Than you could agree on:
-No bomber
-No APC's (either could be combined with 'no archer')
-No (human) Mbikes (usually just the 'no human' variant)
-No hovering
-Sniped ship goes to the sniper

The only one of the above I've seen in the more commen strat-games back in the day was the 'no human Mbike'.

Spawn wrote:If I can't kill the factory there is no way to prevent tanks form being built
Take out their relay bunker(s) .... 8-)
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Spot wrote:The same with killing empties and the likes. The current set of players seems to have added a set of rules which have more or less been accepted as the standard.
In 1.2 you basicly had:
-No going inside enemy buildings
-No turrets under pools

Than you could agree on:
-No bomber
-No APC's (either could be combined with 'no archer')
-No (human) Mbikes (usually just the 'no human' variant)
-No hovering
-Sniped ship goes to the sniper
Rules like that suggest that a game that isn't competitive is being used as a competitive game. I'm reminded of Pokemon tournaments banning certain Pokemon. Or for a better comparison, older Smash Brothers games tournaments banning characters.
Red Spot wrote:The only one of the above I've seen in the more commen strat-games back in the day was the 'no human Mbike'.
I had forgotten about that one. It was related to the flying exploit as the damn thing could rain death from above and be entirely untouchable, not just mostly untouchable.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

I'm going to restate the BZ2 rules I suggested and give more emphasis on why they should be applied:

First, these are common rules played by the active community. Given I'm the only one in this topic who fits this, you can ask another active player. Secondly, most of the rules are from past tournaments, specifically the 2012 and 2013.

Concerning pods: there's a big difference between spawnkilling, non-spawnkilling, and picking up. Hence why I said "spawnkilling" in my original post. Spawnkilling pods is looked down upon because it's a deliberate waste of scrap by one or both teams, and can be (mis)interpreted as trolling or stalling the game. Again, take a survey on the active community.

Above I referred to the 2012 and 2013 tournaments, here are their rules:
2012 Tournament
2013 Tournament
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Valuable* BB. I was completely unaware of those links. I can't say our Tournament will have the same rules. As N1 suggested - it takes away the competitive nature (also being a tourney player of both mentioned games) - and I'm more worried about Exploits and Hacks than players getting their feelings hurt about a wasted POD.

I'll remind everyone that this is structured to be a 2v2 - and the number of scenarios is vastly multiplied compared to a 1v1.
- In a 1v1, I'd be mad my opponent about a wasted POD. It's a waste hard to justify.
- In a 2v2, I'd be mad at my teammate for not being on the ball. WTF was he doing at the time? (lol)

All of the data from everyone is outstanding. I do intend to use a lot of it; but this isn't passive gaming - this is cash prize. I expect people to be cutthroat in nature.
Spawn
Scrap

Post by Spawn »

And not a single rule I disputed was on your list of rules from past tournaments.

Huzzah!
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Re: The Battlezone 2v2 Tournament

Post by Psyringe »

The Tournament has gone live. Before I shared it with this thread, I wanted to stack some statistics. :)

What do the stats mean? I absolutely have a theory or two based on my professional experiences, but I would like users to resolve their own conclusions;

Site Stats (Only Unique Non-Admin IP Visits)

Event Insights

Facebook Insights

Additionally, I haven't even done a mass invite yet. This is just... fun with numbers. I'll be doing more big promotions this evening - then maybe take it up another notch - get more serious and start pulling out the professional "sleazy event promoter" tricks tomorrow. I think we should all see this as a prime community example, doesn't matter whether you like me or not. The numbers are talking to you.

Here's what I need right now;
1. Making the Facebook Event more friendly to 3rd party users by joining (whether you're competing or not) | https://www.facebook.com/events/813900905331319/
2. Promotion to friends and on 3rd party BZ sites. While I'll get around to this eventually, not until I'm finished with my promotional CG video (1 week). :D

So lets make a difference, or prove that we're dead - you know? We'll track every last bit, publish those efforts, and make them reflect.
Also, if you don't keep up with my "Untitled" blog, you missed the very first publish. Just future food for thought, I'll delay and hide the gold - old video producer habit.

...don't wonder, see for yourself.
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: The Battlezone 2v2 Tournament

Post by Red Devil »

If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

so....who won the tourney?
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

What tourney?
Last edited by Psyringe on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

Psyringe wrote:Storm Attack was just a very smart long term marketing plan to get graphics online and promote Project Battlezone to the community inadvertently through haters.
"I have a good idea!"
"They don't like my idea :("
"It was all joke"
This is where my signature picture would normally be. It is not, as you can see.
You're wasting your time reading this. :)
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

1057 hits on this topic alone today! :D

You would be surprised. You see this kind of stuff happen on a national level everyday.
Doesn't mean I can't still find unique ways to grow as a supporting platform for Battlezone & Battlezone II: Combat Commander.

If you guys don't believe me, then so be it. This is just a rules thread.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

...that's total views over its entire lifetime. It was made Feb. 25th; 46 days ago from this post. That's a little under 23 views per day.

Whatever growth you're seeing or expecting is probably just people trying to figure out what's wrong with you. They won't stick around.

Sincerely,
Sitting_1
This is where my signature picture would normally be. It is not, as you can see.
You're wasting your time reading this. :)
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

That's good, I want people asking questions. And your statistic is incorrect; that's unique hits, not thread loads.

I'm not entirely sure when this forum counts the same user as a new hit, that's a global admin explanation. I've tried it.

Sincerely,
- Doctor Psyringe