Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Spot
Attila

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Post by Red Spot »

DeusExCeteri wrote:
Red Spot wrote:I'm not even purely stating my own opinion, you seem to though.
Excellent observation skills! You continue to prove that you possess reading comprehension! I did in fact state my view as an opinion!

I do also acknowledge that HW1 has been changed in some pretty big ways from the original, gameplay HAS been changed in ways that other people may find unfavourable.

But when you say that HW1 remastered is ABSOLUTELY a bad remaster I have to stop you there because I disagree and I'm not about to have a game that I personally enjoy be called trash without my own 2 cents.

That is all.

*shrug*

Carry on.
You do not talk about a re-release, it is called 'remastered'. They did not remaster it, they remade it in a different engine.
So yes. It is fact that the remastered version of HW has been butchered. I personally find the remastered game to stink since it is dumbed down as much as they could.
I did not say you could not enjoy glorified RNG's.

There you go, maybe you can now also prove you have the comprehension to read and observe.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I thought HW remastered was great :-/
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:You do not talk about a re-release, it is called 'remastered'. They did not remaster it, they remade it in a different engine.
So yes. It is fact that the remastered version of HW has been butchered. I personally find the remastered game to stink since it is dumbed down as much as they could.

There you go, maybe you can now also prove you have the comprehension to read and observe.
From a little research HW:Remastered is built on an extensively modified version of the HW2 engine, in turn built on an extensively modified HW engine. I wouldn't call that a *different* engine so much as a much updated version of the old one.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

General BlackDragon wrote:I thought HW remastered was great :-/
As a game by itself it has its charm, but it is not ½ the game it used to be. The game actually worked back in the day. Now they just gave you the buttons, they just dont work.
Not to forget the most important aspect of it all. In HW2 manouvering/agressive stance/ect has no purpose, it is all based on a RNG. In the original your ship fires a shot and it will hit or miss based on the actual trajectory of the bullet and ofcourse the manouvering of the enemy.
The explanation for it all apparently is that they wanted to give people the option to play MP with both HW and HW2 assets. (and as I understand from some old-timers, that doesnt even work either cause the units arent properly balanced .. HW-units vs HW2-units-wize)

AHadley wrote:
Red Spot wrote:You do not talk about a re-release, it is called 'remastered'. They did not remaster it, they remade it in a different engine.

From a little research HW:Remastered is built on an extensively modified version of the HW2 engine, in turn built on an extensively modified HW engine. I wouldn't call that a *different* engine so much as a much updated version of the old one.
HW:remasted is a modernised version of the HW2 engine. HW2's engine is a completelly redone engine which in gamemechanics is nowhere near the same as HW's original engine.
Little more research should have also told you that.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything to tell me what engine HW2 is built on that I didn't already see before writing the previous post. EDIT: Disregard.

I did find this though, which indicates HW:R really isn't a new engine at all, but is in rather a unified codebase. A new version of both at the same time.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icwqd2Q ... e=youtu.be
AHadley wrote:Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything to tell me what engine HW2 is built on that I didn't already see before writing the previous post. EDIT: Disregard.

I did find this though, which indicates HW:R really isn't a new engine at all, but is in rather a unified codebase. A new version of both at the same time.
You said the engines are extensively modded versions of the previous, not me.
Remastered is not a version of both at the same time. It is a remaster of the HW2 game, with HW ported into it.
Last edited by Red Spot on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

Y'know, Red Spot, with all this talk about how HW2 is so inferior to HW1, I think you'd make a great Battlezone 1 fan.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

DeusExCeteri wrote:Y'know, Red Spot, with all this talk about how HW2 is so inferior to HW1, I think you'd make a great Battlezone 1 fan.

Ouch.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

DeusExCeteri wrote:Y'know, Red Spot, with all this talk about how HW2 is so inferior to HW1, I think you'd make a great Battlezone 1 fan.
In what topic did you come to that conclusion. As it is HW is a much better game than HW2, imo.
AHadley wrote:

Ouch.
Stupidity doesnt hurt, ignorancy neither.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

Hey RedSpot,

If you want i can send you a link to the alpha we are testing. You can message me with an email, message me on FB or skype me at 'LtFEED'

were just going through the last debugging on revision 8

im going to do a limited release of Rev8a this weekend to people i have on my contact list. were not looking for testers, but you have been a good friend to the project over the years and if you want ill send you a copy so you can check it out. :)
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Thanks Lt. However I test and am very nitpicky at it or I stay away from games untill they are in full-release/feature mode since it otherwise spoils 'the very first playthrough' for me. And in all honosty I no longer really do any testing since the dev of AI War moved on to the next project.
Gimme a call when you have a full-featured testbuild that has already had its first testrun and you might be able to convince to go into 'annoy the crap out of you with every little inconsistenties I can find'-mode....
I actually used to love to test in the past, probably cause I excel at nitpicking 8-)
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

First runthrough video of Strat:

https://youtu.be/nYm1bVYAvlA

Game is going to SendOwl today, should be available online through our website in about 24 hours :)
RotatorX
Sober Scav

Post by RotatorX »

HEYOOOOOOOOOOO
Battlezone Classic Tester
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

We just posted our last Alpha revision before the BETA is released. Check out the new website at:

www.bionitegame.com

for info and the game. Once the BETA is released, we will be getting ready for the Steam release a few weeks later. For anyone that facebook's, we post updates regularly (just dropped revision 10b today):

www.facebook.com/bioniteorigins

super thanks to the community for all the support over the years, look for the game on Steam very soon!! :)
~LtF
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Might have been wise to send the backstory through me first, 'cause it doesn't mesh so well with the script I gave you.

EDIT: You might want someone to take a look at the manual too.