IS THIS THE THIRD GAME!?!?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Player
Drunken Constructor

IS THIS THE THIRD GAME!?!?

Post by Player »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ59tfyGxSI is this what I think this is?
Player
Drunken Constructor

Re: IS THIS THE THIRD GAME!?!?

Post by Player »

Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Remember that Rebellion owns both Battlezone IPs and are working on them separately. This is the latest version of the original game, not a new entry to this series.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Play with words as much as you like, It's the 5th (?) game to use the name BattleZone.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

MrTwosheds wrote:Play with words as much as you like, It's the 5th (?) game to use the name BattleZone.
Fifth game to be just "Battlezone", yes, though we're currently somewhere between the eighth and twelfth Battlezone game depending on where you put the distinction.
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

Hey guys I got that info also from a new battlezone groop I joined and was just as surprised! here is the news letter from Rebellion ...I thought someone els own the rights to those games.

Dear Battlezone fans

Firstly, thank you so much for all the great feedback we’ve received following the unveiling of our Battlezone reboot for virtual reality devices.

Having to keep quiet about something we’re crazy excited for has been a challenge, so to finally showcase it at E3 and see so many people just as excited for the game was really gratifying.

As our teaser trailer revealed, our VR version of Battlezone is very much a reboot of Atari’s 1980 arcade classic, a game we’re very fond of at Rebellion. However, we also know that a number of you are fans of the 1998 and 1999 Battlezone games released by Activision that re-imagined the franchise as a groundbreaking hybrid of FPS and RTS gameplay. Naturally when we made our announcement last week some of you asked, “But what about the newer Battlezone games? What are you doing with them?”

Well, we’ve read your comments, articles, emails and posts and we’ve seen your love for these games – so we wanted to make another brief announcement:

We’re very pleased to reveal that we’re also working on a remaster of the 1998 Battlezone for PC.

It’s still early days but when we’re ready to show you more you’ll be the first to know. All we can say for now is that whichever vision of Battlezone you love, you’ve not been forgotten!

Thanks for reading

The Rebellion team

-------------------------

To keep up with Battlezone news and all things Rebellion, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and through our newsletter!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

We have been aware of this news for some time now, having been notified by Battlezone's producer.

http://www.battlezone1.org/rebellion-wo ... t4245.html
Player
Drunken Constructor

Post by Player »

"It’s still early days but when we’re ready to show you more you’ll be the first to know. All we can say for now is that whichever vision of Battlezone you love, you’ve not been forgotten!" Forgotten... Could this be some sort of hint? :3 :D
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Player wrote:"It’s still early days but when we’re ready to show you more you’ll be the first to know. All we can say for now is that whichever vision of Battlezone you love, you’ve not been forgotten!" Forgotten... Could this be some sort of hint? :3 :D
No.
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

what if they managed to merge both version into one such as bz1 style but with a more of a bz2 gameplay but inside of a Forgotten Enemies type story or units huh!? huh !? Never know right lol

I do love the bz1 style skins colors ect ....give it a bz2 feel new building maps ect ''well lets not forget modable'' with a twist and voila ! la piece de resistance

hey 1000's of opinions out there but the modable part I do think is what kept this community alive till now.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Quite right. Clearly though many developers don't see a long life as a major goal. :( They much prefer big profits :)

Bz1 and 2 aren't really that different, It would be odd not to incorporate 2's team play elements into a new product somehow.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

slo-mo x-ray snipes ala Sniper Elite would be a nice option.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

Mike Arkin, the producer for BZ1, has been providing some cryptic tidbits of information about the remaster over on the battlezone1 forum. He hasn't said anything about BZ2 yet and even BZ1's expansion, The Red Odyssey, hasn't been confirmed, only a small statement that it's more likely to happen than the expansion campaign from BZn64.

If he does share any information regarding BZ2, I'll be sure to let everyone know the second it happens. Right now things are looking a little bleak in that department though, to be honest, but I'm holding out hope.

I know a lot of you are old-timers, you grew up with the game and have invested interest in it, but I'm not. I'm a newcomer and BZ2 has been very hard for me to get into, even though I want to, but most of the issues it has from my perspective should be resolved by this potential remaster. I know I'll get flak for saying so by people who've been with the game longer, and I do understand your misgivings, but as far as I'm concerned there's no changes they could make to BZ2 that would make me lose faith in it, even if Rebellion did what Gearbox did with Homeworld and decided to drop support for some features only the BZ2 engine can do (10 unit groups, biometal pools, treaded units, etc).

But hey, I'm a modder and I do want to see BZ2 get it's fair share of the remastering spotlight. Odds are good that if the BZ1 remaster does well enough, they WILL remaster BZ2, but if they opt not to you can bet I'll be first on the bandwagon porting BZ2 assets into the remastered BZ1 engine.

Not to toot my own horn too much but the news of the remaster even inspired me to attempt to remodel some old BZ1 tanks in higher detail. Though I'm not much of a texturer to be honest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta8y9bxk0bx2v ... 3.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gutbxszut4b8u ... t.PNG?dl=0

This has been a PSA from your friend over on the BZ1 forum. Again, the second Mike Arkin brings up BZ2 I'll be sure to let everyone know. He's been slowly giving more and more info and it's probable that we'll find out what plans there are with BZ2 not long after we know what plans there are with The Red Odyssey.

Fingers crossed.

P.S. As for the Forgotten Enemies thing, y'all need Chthonian Jesus. Those Hadeans are not the Hadeans I know and love! You're Hadeans are all lame nerds! A bunch of bozos pretending to be the real deal! FE GOT IT WRONG! BZ1 CHTHONIANS FOR LIFE!

/sarcasm
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt

Post by DuoRanger »

the bobcat main gun needs works, it looked more like a TAG gun rather than a AT, the soviet light tank uses the same thing, also i think that the middle of the bobcat was open because it was the main entrance

also i still have the pics for the old tanks

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

nice
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****