So Coxxon, how have you spent 2015?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: So Coxxon, how have you spent 2015?

Post by Red Devil »

Huurrraaaaayyy!!!

Now that you have learned to cast your first spells, a word of caution to the initiate, for with such new-found powers lies....danger! The territory is fraught with temptation to use these powers liberally - but i urge you to be....conservative... in their use.

Beware!

*looks around nervously and melts into the shadows*
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Awards Coxxon the John Cook Medal for Saving Shabayev :)
So what happens to the last 3 isdf missions?
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

coxxon wrote:The player then finishes up the ISDF campaign, and with a little transition text, and occasional re-editing of mission briefings/debriefings text, the player would move straight into the Scion missions.
I can see where the confusion is coming from, so to paraphrase; from Fanning the Fire the player will progress to A Traitor's Fate, from Core they will move on to Transformation. Shabayev's death is removed, Manson's is probably also since it never occurs on-screen (I suspect it was put where it is in the same eleventh-hour storyline shuffle that shortened the New Regime campaign so), and the impending poisoning and death of the Scion race is prevented by Cooke's change of heart and the subsequent last-minute alchemation of the Dark Planet.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

This thread is AWESOME. Great frigging work man!
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

:) Change Core into another saving Shabayev Mission... :) Blow the hell out of those green-Scion-Bad guy's Core on the way out. :)
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Rather than try to address individual posts, I’m just going to give an overall update.

It’s taken me all week, and it’s given me an opportunity to put to use all those writing skills I’d been developing over the years while away from this game, but I’ve done it.

I’ve fixed the campaign story so that it makes sense. By heavily editing, rewording, and a lot of adding to of the mission briefings and debriefings, I’ve plugged most of the potholes and plotholes, fixed the logical inconsistencies, added tons of new info consistent with the existing story and with the existing BZ and BZII cannon (as based on information from the BZ (1998) and BZII manuals and strategy guides), with added character insights, and lots of callbacks to BZ and the Cthonians, and have gotten the progression to include all 25 missions into a single story; hopefully all without devolving into too much fan-fictioniness.

After reading through and fixing the files several times, I’m almost more proud of how I’ve fixed the SP campaign (without actually changing the missions) than I am of all the model and texture work I’ve done … almost.

I’ll have to include some 3rd party mission fixes that are available (and plan to give credit to those that made them), and do a little dll fixing of my own, but I’m *hoping* to test run the campaign soon. That should be the last major step before full release.

I’ve pretty much tripled the amount of reading – the original version feels like a rough draft that got published – but it’s worth it. If you try this mod, I would strongly encourage you to start with the single player campaign. Much like the models, it’s all familiar, but very new at the same time.

And a screenshot …

We can rebuild him.
We have the technology.
We can make him better than he was.
Better...stronger...faster.
THE SIX-HUNDRED-MILLION DOLLAR BRADDOCK

4 guntower plasma cannons, stasis shield, 12000 hp, regenerating health and ammo ... oh yeah, let's make it a fight this time
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

:D

you're a master, mister.

hey, just remembered; one of the main complaints of the walkers is that their cannons/guns are so low and, so, service trucks tend to get in the way - a lot. possible to raise them up a bit?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Can I pre-order one?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

As always if you want somebody to proof-read your replacement story, I'd be happy to take a look.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

coxxon wrote:I’ve fixed the campaign story so that it makes sense. By heavily editing, rewording, and a lot of adding to of the mission briefings and debriefings, I’ve plugged most of the potholes and plotholes, fixed the logical inconsistencies, added tons of new info consistent with the existing story and with the existing BZ and BZII cannon (as based on information from the BZ (1998) and BZII manuals and strategy guides), with added character insights, and lots of callbacks to BZ and the Cthonians, and have gotten the progression to include all 25 missions into a single story; hopefully all without devolving into too much fan-fictioniness.
That sounds awesome!

Now fix the fact that Cooke calls the Cthonians the... Sithonians. BZ1 didn't get the pronunciation wrong, every time I hear it said like that makes me cry.

(How hard would that even be, I have no idea, finding some soundbite of him saying something that starts with a K and cutting that in there... oy vey.)
Red Devil wrote:hey, just remembered; one of the main complaints of the walkers is that their cannons/guns are so low and, so, service trucks tend to get in the way - a lot. possible to raise them up a bit?
This has been my primary annoyance with the Attila from the beginning, a walker is supposed to tower over all other units, what's the point if the cannons are as high off the ground as a normal tank?

I won't blame Coxxon for not touching the walker's shape, though, it can be hard to fix a design in a way that makes everyone happy, perhaps it's best to leave the unit as-is.
AHadley wrote:As always if you want somebody to proof-read your replacement story, I'd be happy to take a look.
If you want my personal opinion, Coxxon, do take Hadley up on this. He has an eye for detail when it comes to storytelling.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

oh yeah, let's make it a fight this time
Nice try but I doubt even that will do much about some lazy Scion commander just deploying a lot of archers on the hills behind him. You don't even have to enter the base to win.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

wait, what potholes, plot holes, and inconsistencies?

"Uh, Major, I just noticed an inconsistency in what's happening..."

"I don't care about any...whatevers, Sergeant - KEEP FIRING!"
Last edited by Red Devil on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham Lincoln

RotatorX
Sober Scav

Post by RotatorX »

You're my hero, Coxxon. I'm so excited.
Battlezone Classic Tester
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

coxxon wrote:Image
4 guntower plasma cannons, stasis shield, 12000 hp, regenerating health and ammo ... oh yeah, let's make it a fight this time
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

This one is worth millions (600 million to be precise).
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Blast Cannon would be harder to dodge.