BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by DeusExCeteri »

Has anyone else gotten any errors on ISDF 12 "Counterattack"?

AH and I are both seeing a bzn load error that immediately closes the game. :|

ERR | FileUtil:677 |21:04:40|2011 |SAVEGAME CORRUPT AT OFFSET 832. Game stability may be compromised.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

using the isdf12 scavs in the zip at the top of this forum?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

She is now, we fixed it.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Dataanti
Thunderbolt

Post by Dataanti »

I seem to be having an issue with the Ambush mission even after applying the patch. I go to the ambush point and it says bring a builder which I do and then I build the jammer but the mission wont progress. I have tried this patch and another patch that RD posted a while ago and neither had any change.

EDIT: I have tried bringing the builder to the point my self, triggering the dialog that tells you that you are at the point and to bring a builder and construct it, and I have tried making the builder go to the point by its self and me telling it to build the jammer from a distance without triggering the dialog.
I've been lurking....
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Hey Red Devil, any chance you could take a look again at the isdf05 Dark Planet mission? I've run it a few times, and the Constructor still doesn't build the Factory. The mission can be completed by just using Recycler units, but it would be nice if we could have the factory and jackals back in it.

One thing that I just thought of is that the factory would be going between the recycler and the extractor. I wonder if they are deployed at slightly differing ground heights. If that's the case then maybe the constructor can't drop it off between them because they are at different heights, and BZII won't let the player place buildings like that. But that would also mean having to actually edit the map - ugh

Maybe switching where things are built might be an easier fix. Place the comm bunker at the gtow path, and have the factory placed at the rbunker1 path point. ... just a thought.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, i'll take a look at both of these now.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I seem to be having an issue with the Ambush mission even after applying the patch. I go to the ambush point and it says bring a builder which I do and then I build the jammer but the mission wont progress. I have tried this patch and another patch that RD posted a while ago and neither had any change.
I have played this a few times recently, the whole mission is a bit...maybe. It can be completed but it also seems to lack sensible failure state's.
Once a scout found my base and got back, triggering the relentless assault by dll spawned units intended to destroy me... :). Eventually I had to give up, having destroyed their base and completely surrounded their spawn points. It was the only way to end it if I inconveniently refused to die.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

heh, okay, i'll fix that, too, which reminds me - i need to stop the dll-spawning in G66 once their base is, how you say, kaput?

just finished moving a chest freezer, so a few drinks are in order first. :P
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

just tried Dork Planet and the crig built the factory when we needed mortar bikes:

Dark Planet
Abraham Lincoln

coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Whoops, I figured out why Dark Planet wasn't working form me. There was a typo in the ivcon5.odf for the factory odf to build. I figure it happened when I was converting the constructor odf to use the new model. At any rate the mission runs great. Sorry to have wasted your time.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

well, i just tried ambush again and looks like i need to tweak it a bit again.
Abraham Lincoln

Cirno
Scrap

Post by Cirno »

Anyone else having issues on ISDF 09 Rumble in the Jungle? I've completed both win conditions several times and all my objectives are marked green, but the cutscene with Braddock talking about the power crystal being a weapon never starts, and so the mission never finishes.

I've even tried rescuing Shabayev before attacking the base, but that just confuses the mission even more. I'm wondering if it's flat-out unwinnable or if there's some bizarre order of completing objectives that's expected of the player now (destroy kiln -> rescue Shabayev -> destroy matriarch???)

Edit: Another minor issue, in ISDF 13 Payback, the carrier is already on fire before the dropship even hits it.
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

Cirno wrote:Another minor issue, in ISDF 13 Payback, the carrier is already on fire before the dropship even hits it.
I can confirm this issue, I saw that and nearly burst out laughing.
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

DeusExCeteri wrote:
Cirno wrote:Another minor issue, in ISDF 13 Payback, the carrier is already on fire before the dropship even hits it.
I can confirm this issue, I saw that and nearly burst out laughing.
Yeah, it’s been doing that for a good while now. I wonder if there is a way to “suppress” the emitters through the dll, and then activate them. Kinda assumed this is what was happening anyway in the pre-13 versions, (but haven't looked myself). Alternatively, I know the carrier is separate from the rest of the "cutscene" ( I had to rebuild it for my mod), so I suppose if one could get the timing right in the dll/cpp file, you could swap out that version of the carrier without emitters for one that had them. just a thought ...
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

The DLL methods:

// start/stop emitter effects
DLLEXPORT void DLLAPI MaskEmitter(Handle h, DWORD mask);
DLLEXPORT void DLLAPI StartEmitter(Handle h, int slot); // slot starts at 1, incruments.
DLLEXPORT void DLLAPI StopEmitter(Handle h, int slot);

Have been broken for a long time in 1.3. So, Yes, the DLL has callbacks to turn effects on and off, and No, they don't currently work.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****