Battlezone II - GreenGuy's Edition

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

GreenGuy
Rattler

Battlezone II - GreenGuy's Edition

Post by GreenGuy »

Hello Battlezone 2 Forums. This is a personal mod that i wanted to release public to see what you guys think of it. The point of this mod is enhancing effects, reusing scrapped sounds and making pretty much every weapon useful. The point of this mod is trying to give it a more.. how do you say, complete feeling, it does make the stuff that used to be useless useful. Though the mod does make weapons strong, but that's the whole point of the mod, to increase frag counts, and just because lost your ship doesn't mean the opponent can run away with like 2 HP anymore. But please let me know about anything that simply NEEDS to be changed for the game to be balanced, I accept constructive criticism, but I will ignore all "negative" criticism that it "sucks".

Download Link :

http://www.mediafire.com/?q5t2hktae4ricao

I also posted some videos on my YouTube channel from the mod.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Habuji221

Like most mods to get this to work you need to create a shortcut to your bzone.exe and add /config ggse.cfg at the end of it. So it looks this :

"C:\Program Files\Battlezone II\bzone.exe" /config ggse.cfg (example)

Anyone wanting to try it is welcome.

PS : The vehicles from other mods (Puma, Dragoon and Mantichora) I take no credit for at all, I give all my credit to their respective owners for making such awesome ships :)
Last edited by GreenGuy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
VSMIT
Sabre

Re: Battlezone II - GreenGuy's Edition

Post by VSMIT »

GreenGuy wrote:Moderators, remove this comment above please?
But if I remove it, then it'll look like you wanted us to remove the original post, which would destroy any meaning that this topic may or may not have had.

How about this: I'll remove Sly's post and your reply to his post, and you'll learn what is and what is not a joke.

Deal?
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

You know what i meant :roll:.
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

Giving the game a "finished" feel and making it more like the developers intented. You could call it "How it should have been".
Greatest Guns secret Extreme contains much amazing stuff, ISDF has blast guntowers that don't require a relay bunker, forcefield, and FAF MSL has about 400% as much damage. For scions, piltos now have a recycler-destroying pulse cannon, and a few other small changes not comparable to the complete "overhaul" of ISDF.

Just a warning to critics: Image

Here are some of the changes:
Veaaaarryy fast moving builders/constructors!
Scavs have 10% as much health! (Or all weapons do 10 times as much damage, whichever)
You must have a full base before upgrading extractors
Random sounds/effects/scrap cost changed
You can build some kind of bomber unit with the ISDF recycler
Much more!

Greatest Guns gets its name from the weapons massive damage to everything, this is the 1.2 x-mod of 1.3, a must try.
Giving the game a "finished" feel and making it more like the developers intented. You could call it "How it should have been".
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

I'm not letting Vearie's little stupid ignorant insults get to me, can we just ban this arrogant idiot from the forums and every single game we see him in?

Scratch that, we were playing this game with Vearie, Darkwarrior and Sly i think. They keep rushing my recycler, every single game. Vearie starts acting immature and say all these chilidsh things on voice chat, wanting to show how cool he is, telling me my mod sucks, it sucks GreenGuy, it sucks. Need i say more? You know how they are, I'm not the only one complaining about these idiots.
Last edited by GreenGuy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

I'm not letting Vearie's little stupid ignorant insults get to me, can we just ban this arrogant idiot from the forums and every single game we see him in?
You should be banned from this game entirely, when attacking your base "too early" warrants kicks & bans. Your noob-mod isn't entertaining to people for the reasons you think, claiming that this is what the developers intended is an insult to the game itself.
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Ignorant bitch, you're not even giving it a chance, you haven't tried the mod, you have no proof that it sucks. I never claimed that THIS was what the developers intented, I said that I was trying to give it that style. You would rather keep killing your own team mate for 10 mins telling me my mod sucks instead of actually trying it?
Last edited by GreenGuy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

GreenGuy wrote:you have no proof that it sucks.
Here you go
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Vearie wrote: Greatest Guns secret Extreme contains much amazing stuff, ISDF has blast guntowers that don't require a relay bunker, forcefield, and FAF MSL has about 400% as much damage. For scions, piltos now have a recycler-destroying pulse cannon, and a few other small changes not comparable to the complete "overhaul" of ISDF.

Here are some of the changes:
Veaaaarryy fast moving builders/constructors!
Scavs have 10% as much health! (Or all weapons do 10 times as much damage, whichever)
You must have a full base before upgrading extractors
Random sounds/effects/scrap cost changed
You can build some kind of bomber unit with the ISDF recycler
Much more!

Greatest Guns gets its name from the weapons massive damage to everything, this is the 1.2 x-mod of 1.3, a must try.
First of all, the Blast Guntower thing is made so ISDF can get early defense to prevent rushes just like Scion, Blast is because you need a permanent weapon, like Arc. But you see this is kinda hard to defend from rushes when you got 3 Vets rushing at you at once at the very beginning of the game and you got two intermediate players on your team. Force Field is to counter Blink, so ISDF can actually escape fights, like Scion. The reason FAF Missile is more powerful is that Scion's Fusion Cannon is increased too, it's the same range as FAF which is 150m, FAFs are not that hard to dodge if you just keep your distance, plus that you have Solar Flares to distract them, and once ISDF lose their full scouts at start the Scion Scouts will be superior, until they get weapons, that is. Pulse/Ion Rifle is made so it can damage heavy armor just a little bit so it actually is REALISTIC. It's not even that powerful, and once you get Service Trucks/Healers (Which have 2x Supply Rate, and repairs automaticly) rushing will be no more.

The reason that Constructors and Builders are faster (facepalm) is that you see.. (even more facepalm) okay.. THEY WERE TOO FREAKING SLOW! Sorry.

Scavs have 10% as much health? I didn't touch Scavengers.

New Sound Effects, changed Scrap Costs.. problem?

Reason you need Full Base for Upgraded extractors is that they now provide you 30 scrap instead of 20, so it's worth getting full base for.

Yes, that is because there was no space on the Factory left, and it looks ridiculous when you build the Thunderbird from the Factory, face it, the wings go right through the bloody building. When it builds from Recycler atleast it fits. And no, you can't build it without having Bomber Bay -.-

You should really try out a mod, use your brain (as if you have one) THINK.. think WHY I made these changes, before bashing it like that.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Sorry, but when you throw out lines like "Giving the game a 'finished' feel and making it more like the developers intented. You could call it 'How it should have been'." you deserve whatever you get.

"ISDF can get early defense to prevent rushes just like Scion" Early rush against what? Miniguns or plasma streams? Blast guntowers suck because you have nothing to outrange them, unlike in G66.

"so it's worth getting full base for." Scrap comes before the base, not the other way around.

"the wings go right through the bloody building." Make a new factory then. That's what I did [pic redacted]

"Blast is because you need a permanent weapon, like Arc." A permanent weapon. ...Ok I too hate it when the weapon I am using simply disappears without a trace.

"Scion's Fusion Cannon" Unless you made this as a new gun, there is no such thing

"FAFs are not that hard to dodge" Word of the day: skillful use of your weps
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Okay I see what you mean, I have edited the post to what I really meant.

Defense against early rushes like in the game i was in before. It's Blast Guntowers, not Assault Blast Guntowers. Their range is 210m just like Scion, and does the same damage but does not shake you. The Rate of Fire is higher though.

What exactly do you mean by that? You will have to deal with waiting for the upgraded pool, if you could just get a 30 scrap pool right away it would be stupid.

No, just no. Why can't it just build from the recycler? What's wrong with that?

Huh? I mean a weapon that is not a projectile weapon, like Gauss, Arc, Laser and Blast. You know.. weapons that can not get pushed by M-Curtain -.-

Scion Fusion Cannon is "Plasma Cannon" but with name change, since ISDF already has Plasma Cannon.

Ehm.. yeah.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Seriously, work on the balance. No pilot should ever be able to take down a recycler. Hell, they shouldn't even be able to take down an enemy craft.

I really cannot see a good reason behind any of these changes.
FallenAngel
Drunken Constructor

Post by FallenAngel »

This is a good mod, ive seen many players enjoy it besides Vearie, Darkwarrior and the other people like them.
darkwarrior
Drunken Constructor

Post by darkwarrior »

FallenAngel, I am sorry, but you are wrong. I have not once said I didn't like the mod. It adds a new perspective to the game. What it does, is takes battlezone 2 and cuts game times in half. I preferably have my own opinions on the mod, even if that is not what the creator intended. In my eyes, I call it rush mod. When playing the mod, I found that I could not finally get passed defenses without spending half an hour to build a massive army. For example, more often now, players will build 100s of guntowers and gun spires, in their base. With a scion they, build just as many towers as they do jammers. I can build scouts and take them out one at a time. Or I can sit just outside of their range, and continually hop out of a ship, snipe them 1/16th of the their HP, and continue. Taking out a spire within 40-50 seconds without losing a single unit.

The other thing a like is something that many players hated. When performing an assault, via a rush or a large-scale AI attack, there were times when the buildings you wanted down, would just have a sliver of health. Now one can simple pulse down those buildings from a high angle in the sky, are from a undetected spot and end the game.

If it is not suppose to be "rush mod" what it is intended to be? You have to design limitations for such strategies if you dont want them used. Or even go as far as forcing people onto one strategy. In BZ2, there is no cheap move. When playing, I and many others do what ever it takes to win, within the constraints of the game itself. If I have a way to pulse down a recycler to claim a quick victory, I will.

As I have been saying GG, and even FallenAngel, the mod adds a different taste to the game, which adds a sillier gameplay, which at the same time makes things less serious and more enjoyable. However, I still find stock and other mods to be greater, I am not bashing your mod, this is just how I see it.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I do think it seems like a "rush mod" - though not in the same sense. From a modder's point of view, the whole thing feels... rushed. There's no finesse to it. How long overall did it take to create? How many testers were there before release? I don't imagine either number will be very high.