BZ's Mag Arena

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Re: BZ's Mag Arena

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

General BlackDragon wrote:Yeah, it's mostly the hud and render issues that bug me.
*sigh* :roll:

I don't care if someone doesn't like the mod. But at least try it before commenting. Honesty goes a long way. ;)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I have played it, about 3 or 4 different versions.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Your credibility is pretty weak since you obviously were pulling your comment about the HUD and textures from a dark and stinky place. :lol:
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:I don't care if someone doesn't like the mod. But at least try it before commenting. Honesty goes a long way. ;)
Wow, seriously? You can't take his word for it?

Believe me, GBD has played BZE *extensively*.
Apollo wrote:As for BzE not having Single player well.. you have to actualy run the game to know that it does have it
A backported IA map with a basic script and some VOs slapped on top. That would take all of an hour or so to produce in BZ2 (can't speak for BZ1, never modded it).

Not really worth the loss of the (vastly superior) original campaign.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

I'm not saying BZE is bad, I'm just listing the things that bug me about it. A lot of the extra ships and dm maps I just don't use.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

AHadley wrote: Wow, seriously? You can't take his word for it?

Believe me, GBD has played BZE *extensively*.
Apollo wrote:As for BzE not having Single player well.. you have to actualy run the game to know that it does have it
A backported IA map with a basic script and some VOs slapped on top. That would take all of an hour or so to produce in BZ2 (can't speak for BZ1, never modded it).

I doubt everything he says after many years ago he was trying to use BzE as a scapegoat to get on Spock's good side so Spock wouldn't come after him and his BZ Classic mod. All i needed to see was when he claimed BzE had no black dog tanks which was a completely false statement he made on Spocks forum.

Ahadley, Single Player as in new scripted missions (that run from the Single Player shell) writen in C++ is not back ported IA.
Better check the facts before you speak. Also BzE is an expansion in development, it's not supposed to have the original campaign in it. Actually the Red Odyssey campaign was better than Bz's campaign. I'm just doing SP missions for now, getting used to scripting, a campaign takes more planing, i tend to write it as i go, making models VO's etc.. as needed.
Last edited by Apollo on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

I thought I had settled the credibility issue with the 2 screenies?

You guys going to beat a dead horse?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

the mountain thing moves in the 2nd shot...
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Apollo wrote: All i needed to see was when he claimed BzE had no black dog tanks which was a completely false statement he made on Spocks forum.
Actually, you're the one who said you removed them because they were simply reskinned american tanks. I believe we were referring to the physical models of the 5 bdog ships in the mpvehicle list.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

This is getting a bit silly.

Now we get another recalled statement that somehow evolved and mutated into actual playing of the mod? ;)

BZE has a nice pedigree. BZ was known for "The best game no one played".

Now BZE follows as the most disliked BZ mod everyone said they played (but really didn't) :lol:
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

AHadley wrote: Believe me, GBD has played BZE *extensively*.
Actually, I have played it maybe 10 times, and not recently. Some of the new things Dx mentioned sound very interesting.
Apollo wrote: I doubt everything he says after many years ago he was trying to use BzE as a scapegoat to get on Spock's good side so Spock wouldn't come after him and his BZ Classic mod. All i needed to see was when he claimed BzE had no black dog tanks which was a completely false statement he made on Spocks forum.
That is inaccurate. The first version of BZE I played had no black dog skins on the BDOG tanks available in the mp vehicle list. I remember talking to you about it on Teamspeak. That is what I meant about there not being any bdog tanks.

As for you doubting everything I say, well, tough. I never lie, and I'm the only person I can guarantee you can trust. I can't speak for anyone else.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I see the general pattern that both Spock and Apollo think that everyone is out to get them, everyone lies, and everyone is trying to destroy what they have made. So I have to go by what they made and how they act, putting Apollo and BzE slim above Spock and his version of BZ1, because I have yet to see Apollo ban people because he doesn't like them from MP or his forums, he only does it for actual infractions, while Spock just makes up everyone being a hacker as his excuse.

Frankly the way the lot of you act is quite displeasing. This is not one of the BZ1 websites, this is a BZ2 and general BZ site. Here we have some sanity. If someone does something wrong, WE will handle it, there is no need to lash out at everyone.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Apollo wrote:
AHadley wrote:A backported IA map with a basic script and some VOs slapped on top. That would take all of an hour or so to produce in BZ2 (can't speak for BZ1, never modded it).

Ahadley, Single Player as in new scripted missions (that run from the Single Player shell) writen in C++ is not back ported IA.
Better check the facts before you speak. Also BzE is an expansion in development, it's not supposed to have the original campaign in it. Actually the Red Odyssey campaign was better than Bz's campaign. I'm just doing SP missions for now, getting used to scripting, a campaign takes more planing, i tend to write it as i go, making models VO's etc.. as needed.
No, it is a backported IA map. You can slap all the scripting on it you want, in any language you want, and run it from whichever shell you please, but the *map* is still an almost carbon copy of Dunes. Even if it's a replica made from scratch, there's very little showing in the way of creativity. From what I remember even the terrain textures are the same.

What I've played of TRO is indeed better than BZ1, but TRO isn't relevant since we're comparing BZE to BZ1.

I appreciate it's still in development, I appreciate it's not meant to have the original campaign. My point stands; BZE's singleplayer, in its current state, is not worth the loss of BZ1's. This entire discussion has been in the present tense; I fail to see how your future plans for it factor into BZE's current worth.

In short, please make sure you're actually calling me out on a mistake before you tell me to "check my facts". I get annoyed when people don't do that.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

General BlackDragon wrote: That is inaccurate. The first version of BZE I played had no black dog skins on the BDOG tanks available in the mp vehicle list. I remember talking to you about it on Teamspeak. That is what I meant about there not being any bdog tanks.

As for you doubting everything I say, well, tough. I never lie, and I'm the only person I can guarantee you can trust. I can't speak for anyone else.
What you said was "there was no black dog tanks in the game", not "no black dog skins". As i stated, it's in development, i got help to add the P.Get texture override from the odf. (I removed redundent model files)

As far as trust goes.. i can think of a couple things you've done that makes that inaccurate.

Nielk1,
You are not well informed thus i can see why you jump to those conclusions.

"This is not one of the BZ1 websites"
The Board says Battlezone 1 on it soo...
AHadley wrote: No, it is a backported IA map. You can slap all the scripting on it you want, in any language you want, and run it from whichever shell you please, but the *map* is still an almost carbon copy of Dunes. Even if it's a replica made from scratch, there's very little showing in the way of creativity. From what I remember even the terrain textures are the same.

What I've played of TRO is indeed better than BZ1, but TRO isn't relevant since we're comparing BZE to BZ1.

I appreciate it's still in development, I appreciate it's not meant to have the original campaign. My point stands; BZE's singleplayer, in its current state, is not worth the loss of BZ1's. This entire discussion has been in the present tense; I fail to see how your future plans for it factor into BZE's current worth.

In short, please make sure you're actually calling me out on a mistake before you tell me to "check my facts". I get annoyed when people don't do that.
A terrain doesn't make it an IA mission, Single Player runs from the shell and IS scripted unlike an IA mission which uses only the basic code to run the aip.

I call all of your statements into question:
"Believe me, GBD has played BZE *extensively*." (GBD stated 10 times he played it, wow, really extensive and over a 6 year period it's like saying he barely looked at it)
"A backported IA map with a basic script and some VOs slapped on top. That would take all of an hour or so to produce in BZ2 (can't speak for BZ1, never modded it)." (I agree, you can't speak for Bz1 and i would like to see you do what i did in one hour)
"Not really worth the loss of the (vastly superior) original campaign." (Who lost the Battlezone campaign that was never present in BzE??? Anyone???)
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:
General BlackDragon wrote: That is inaccurate. The first version of BZE I played had no black dog skins on the BDOG tanks available in the mp vehicle list. I remember talking to you about it on Teamspeak. That is what I meant about there not being any bdog tanks.

What you said was "there was no black dog tanks in the game", not "no black dog skins". As i stated, it's in development, i got help to add the P.Get texture override from the odf. (I removed redundent model files)

As far as trust goes.. i can think of a couple things you've done that makes that inaccurate.

Nielk1,
You are not well informed thus i can see why you jump to those conclusions.

"This is not one of the BZ1 websites"
The Board says Battlezone 1 on it soo...
I am quite well informed, I know both sides quite well, hell I know the tangent sides other than you and Spock.
You calling me "not well informed" is just a passive aggressive way to say I don't know what I am talking about, not because I don't, but because you don't like or agree with what I am saying. However, unlike yours and the respective boards owned by others (Spock), just saying that sort of thing doesn't discredit someone.

And this WEBSITE is for "BATTLEZONE". The title of this specific section is only marginally relevant to the meaning of the whole. Again, you miss the fine point of the statement like you did and continue to do with AHadley's.

Spock is generally downright nasty and he spreads a lot of lies, but he is right about how you guys act when anything BZE related comes into question. At the smallest personal opinion or comment or implication you don't like you jump to discredit the source of said comment or implication. Its only made more sad in the passive aggressive way you go about doing so, be it a purposeful mask for your intent or your actual attitude.

EDIT:
And if you really want new missions in BzE, I do suggest you make it dynamically link a DLL as somehow indicated by a map's descriptor. That is how BZ2 is so damn moddable when it comes to missions.