What Have You Learned Today?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Slaor
Drunken Scav

Re: What Have You Learned Today?

Post by Slaor »

I learned a new word today...

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Mortarion wrote:(Comment edited for language - GSH)
This isn't BZ2Maps, Mort, and once you realise that, it'll be a nicer place for everybody involved. Mainly you, 'cause then you won't get banned for being abusive. GSH does not tolerate swearing.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Slaor wrote:I learned a new word today...

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you.
There should be a catchy song about that.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Zenophas wrote:
Slaor wrote:I learned a new word today...

There should be a catchy song about that.
Why do I get the feeling you're about to step up to the plate?
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

AHadley wrote:Why do I get the feeling you're about to step up to the plate?
Maybe I will, who knows.

Though, I kinda am a bit busy doing other things at the moment.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Mortarion wrote:
Zenophas wrote:
Mortarion wrote:(Comment edited for language - GSH)
Just like the holocaust.
holocaustdenialvideos.com
I agree there are details that don't add up. The mass gassings are almost certainly untrue, but many use that (most likely being used here) that the Nazis were "not that bad". To me, it reveals much more about the person using the information, than learning more accurate details about a murderous regime.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

The mass gassings are almost certainly untrue,
The huge amounts of physical evidence, witnesses and missing persons, being deliberately constructed for what purpose?
Its not as if the other sides in the war were lacking in justification for defending themselves.
And indeed what is the purpose of the deniers? Trying to convince us that Humans will not actually do the most appalling things and that actually were all harmless lovable little fluffy bunnies? Hate can so easily become a memetic infection in Human cultures, don't for one minute think anything has really changed, reinfection occurs wherever it is permitted to.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

MrTwosheds wrote:The huge amounts of physical evidence, witnesses and missing persons, being deliberately constructed for what purpose?
Not sure which way you are leaning. Are you saying you buy into the mass gassings? I have grave doubts there were any, but it is physically and logistically impossible 'mass' means millions.

And once again, don't confuse me with a denier. Merely a correction revisionist. I certainly believe the Nazis were mass murders.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Well they got a hell of a lot of human remains from somewhere...It doesn't really matter how they killed them. I don't see any reason to disbelieve that they gassed people, they were probably running low on bullets. The deniers are usually people who have similar problems with their irrational hatred of one group or another, and do what they do because they don't want to face up to it, they like their superiority complex's and do not want to believe that they may just be a little part of something much bigger and nastier than themselves.
The bodies are facts.
The gas chambers are facts.
Some spurious argument about their connection, 65 years later, is ridiculous. I truth it was probably a spectrum of evils, starvation or disease first then shot and then gassed when the bullets where needed elsewhere.
The important thing is to be aware that we are quite capable of it. Those who create and spread the hate memes have to be dealt with before they get control.
"lest we forget"
Last edited by MrTwosheds on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The most important thing is that they were killed.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

I truly, truly hope you're joking.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Iron_Maiden wrote:I truly, truly hope you're joking.
If you mean me, you've misunderstood my post.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

AHadley wrote:
Iron_Maiden wrote:I truly, truly hope you're joking.
If you mean me, you've misunderstood my post.
^^^ :oops: ;) :o :lol: ^^^

MrTwosheds wrote:The deniers are usually people who have similar problems with their irrational hatred of one group or another, and do what they do because they don't want to face up to it, they like their superiority complex's and do not want to believe that they may just be a little part of something much bigger and nastier than themselves.
The bodies are facts.
The gas chambers are facts.
Some spurious argument about their connection, 65 years later, is ridiculous. I truth it was probably a spectrum of evils, starvation or disease first then shot and then gassed when the bullets where needed elsewhere.

"lest we forget"
That's exactly my point, in a sense. There's now a much more distinct difference in the "denier" and the "correction revisionist". Years ago, now turning to decades, it was culturally allowed to propagate what were known as exaggerations to become part of history. The atrocities against Europe and the allied forces were so shocking and cruel, we have allowed outlandish fables to survive.

The revisionist simply shows the architecture of the holocaust was quite different and not nearly as large as we have been taught in school.

For example... how many gas chambers do you understand were used?
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

AHadley wrote:The most important thing is that they were killed.
*rimshot*

I learned how to use facebook.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Also, how many gas chambers do you understand were used?
I don't. Frankly I don't find this is a subject that interests me much. Those who shout loudest make the history, that's how it is.
911 is an excellent example of recent history "creation" we all got to see the manipulation live in action, the real why of it will probably now never be known. Many have their own pet theories but evidence is absent and those who could tell are now silenced. A revisionist would have serious problems getting to the "truth" of it now through all that fog of war.