Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Post by Ded10c »

Science fantasy, I think, is its proper category.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yes, i know what they call that: Global Warming :lol:
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Well the Oracles are still on strike!
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

THe Fatty:

http://youtu.be/2LSxjlh117U

and a preview capt of the Turret Vid:
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Was the top half designed by a separate person than the bottom half?
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

30 amps, 3000 watts? So you're running everything at 100 volts? Or 50 amp, 3000 watt 60 volts? Nice round number, but real life isn't that clean.

(Edit) And, the 1203 placard? You really have a gasoline-powered turret in outer space? A little bit of sanity checking would make it look like it's part of the same universe as the forums you're on.

-- GSH
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Zax wrote:Was the top half designed by a separate person than the bottom half?
The top half was "Undesigned".
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Zenophas wrote:
Zax wrote:Was the top half designed by a separate person than the bottom half?
The top half was "Undesigned".
BFT, save their ship!
Echo 343
Rattler

Post by Echo 343 »

The units actually don't look too shabby. Any plans to include aircraft? Starseige Tribes air transports (with better handling) would be interesting.
forgottengames
Sabre

Post by forgottengames »

The screenshots look promising, but the only problem is the HUD. I mean, come on, what happened to the gritty, computerized images we saw in vanilla BZ2? Unless you planned otherwise, I sure will miss the 3D hologram-radar. As for face-value, the HUD resembles something I'd see in an RPG game, not something I'd expect to see in a futuristic hovertank in the heat of battle. Come on. At least do the preceding BZ games a sliver of graphical justice or pay some homage. :(
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

As to making sweeping evaluations on the game, I tend to agree with that portly video blogger that pops up next to the Bionite videos on Youtube. But I disagree with him in the sense that I would love it if Bionite "rips off" aspects of BZ.

I realize they are wanting to build interest by showing some of the capabilities of the UDK, but my personal interest is how the ship physics will be handled and how they will fly. IMHO that is far and away the most critical aspect. Without the uniqueness of flying the ships, the game will be quickly forgotten as just another low-budget RTS. As I've said, right now it appears there is no physics applied to the ships as yet. All the movement of the ships appear to be locked on rails. . .no pitch or roll. But again, it's early.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

UDK is probably similar to the unreal engine and you coudn't setup bz like physics in it without full engine access.
I just don't believe a 3rd party game can have Bz like physics.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

GSH wrote:30 amps, 3000 watts? So you're running everything at 100 volts? Or 50 amp, 3000 watt 60 volts? Nice round number, but real life isn't that clean.

(Edit) And, the 1203 placard? You really have a gasoline-powered turret in outer space? A little bit of sanity checking would make it look like it's part of the same universe as the forums you're on.

-- GSH

you got me GSH 8-)

honestly i didnt think anyone would pick that up. I was in a hurry to get it done when i put the decals on the that texture and i just kinda slapped it on there without really considering what it meant. I will fix it though 8-)

weve spend hours and hours going over the physics for the vehs. THe videos are done in Matinee and therefor the tanks are more prop than actor. I just didnt have time to go through matinee in that much detail to get all the physics attributes in the teasers. However, in the game, the vehs all have hover characteristics, but its a constantly revised process and wont actually be finished until the game is released.

were working on the HUD also. Weve decided to make all the HUD elements in scaleform except the Hull Damage Indicator widget. were trying to make a 3d radar for this upcoming release, but it may have to wait a little while (that thing is complicated). We are going to include the wingment controlls in this release and in the next alpha well have a mock -up of the HUD.

Id like to include some flying vehs, but I was told by our design consultant to make all the vehs hover based. It turns out, in the original BZ the balancing of the different veh physics was very diffiuclt to do, and I was instructed to wait on including any other physics types.

The Turret was concepted. modelled and textured by Emze. Its a one of a kind 8-)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Looks like Emze got tired after working so hard on the base and make a slightly extruded box for the top.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

LtFEED wrote:Id like to include some flying vehs, but I was told by our design consultant to make all the vehs hover based. It turns out, in the original BZ the balancing of the different veh physics was very diffiuclt to do, and I was instructed to wait on including any other physics types.
Just don't make Gun Towers into vehicles as was done in Bz. ;)