A griefer problem

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Irk vanity tiger

Re: A griefer problem

Post by Irk vanity tiger »

Returning player here.
last weekend i was playing a game of team strategy and was waiting for players.
then some guy named 'Red_Spot' joined my game.
He started trolling me (joining my team spawn sniper killing, and ranting about how MPI was superior to strat)
i said i like team strategy games and he replied 'i am REALLY muscular in real life and go to the gym daily, i have traced your ip adress and know this is your postal code ######(covered it for privacy reasons) i am going to trace it and beat you to pulp using only one of my highly muscular arms'

so this was my first in game experience in 6 years and it reaally saddens me the state in which this community resides :( and thus this is the last game i am going to play for now. i might return in over a year or so in the hopes of red spot and other trolls having left

//Regards, Irk vanity tiger
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Ah, that wasn't the real Red Spot. That was someone impersonating him.
Last edited by General BlackDragon on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

I recommend banning the following IPs.
[UserPrefs]

// Bans for specified addresses. To use these, you must fill in the
// address (replacing the "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/eee"), and uncomment it
// (remove the // from the start of it). No support is currently
// present for unbanning while BZ2 is running. Items in the following
// list may be commented out; subsequent items will be read. More IPs
// may be bannable that there are lines here; the exact number is
// undisclosed.
//
// The /eee component is a netmask of how many bits of the first part
// are checked. If it is 32 (default), the IP must match exactly. If
// it is 24, it is as if the 'ddd' component was wildcarded -- some
// would write 'aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/24' as 'aaa.bbb.ccc.*'. If it is /16,
// then it blocks aaa.bbb.* . If the netmask is 0 (not recommended),
// it'll block every IP (not recommended).

//BanIP1 = "68.3.228.114/24" // Sean/SeanTheGreat, who seems to be trying to cause lag in games
BanIP2 = "194.45.228.126/24"
BanIP3 = "46.16.33.209/24"
BanIP4 = "69.180.10.90/24"
BanIP5 = "199.255.209.168/24"
//BanIP6 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP7 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP8 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP9 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP10 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP11 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP12 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP13 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP14 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP15 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
//BanIP16 = "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32"
Irk vanity tiger

well today i decided to give this game another go.
First i created a mpi game and then someone called commando(maybe an impostor i really do not know) came in and said i needed to ban well almost everyone who had joined (lietenant ita, nielk1) and then after i who believed him did ban these people he started talking '**** ' to me he said i was a moron to believe him and that i banned innocent people.
he also said some vulgar sentences which i prefer not to repeat
later i joined a g66 mpi game hosted by sabre and then some dude called BC_Slave(IP: 70.75.219.131 ) came in and started spawnkilling me (team damage was on) i suggest you add him to the suggested ban list
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Yeah, also not commando, and that guy is the 2nd active ban listed above.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Removing my comment as I owe no explanation to Irk vanity tiger. For one, I never joined any games hosted by him. I joined a game hosted by Slave_BC, and suggested that he ban an IP that was trolling my game. Apparently the troll got mad and started posting fraudulent pictures. I could care less.
Irk vanity tiger

i have again confirmed commando to be a griefer in my game see this image
and i was wondering if you could somehow punish the culprit, he has been griefing all my recent games.
and is REALLY becoming a pain in the ass :(
if nothing can be done about him PLEASE tell me so i can find a game worthy of my playing
because battlezone in not worth playing with all this trolling.

// regards Irk vanity tiger
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yes, you have convinced us all with your keenly incisive observations...
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Shut up troll, I have never joined any of your games. To be honest I avoid strat games at all cost.

Second of all, I never ordered anyone to ban anyone. I joined Slave_DC's game and suggested he ban someone who was blatantly impersonating lieutenant-ita. The same person who impersonated him in my game. The person wasn't even smart enough to mask his IP which is what gave you away.

It's funny you didn't bother to get an IP for that. Chances are it will be your IP address or one of your known accomplices.

I'm guessing the current griefing is due to strat players being upset 1.2 is dead. What's wrong, gamespy no longer work for you? Have to slander me, on this forum. I know the real term is libel, but I'm too lazy to look up the verb form of said word at the moment.

Can ban Irk as he's only here to cause problems?
Commando Sabre Posts: 407Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:41 pm
squirrelof09
Sabre

Post by squirrelof09 »

Already did commando, this troll feeds on the attention of being banned, figured I wouldn't announce it this time. User account used another known proxy.
TheEmperror
Scrap

Post by TheEmperror »

Commando wrote:It's funny you didn't bother to get an IP for that. Chances are it will be your IP address or one of your known accomplices.

I'm guessing the current griefing is due to strat players being upset 1.2 is dead. What's wrong, gamespy no longer work for you? Have to slander me, on this forum. I know the real term is libel, but I'm too lazy to look up the verb form of said word at the moment.

Can ban Irk as he's only here to cause problems?
Come to think of it, I was actually trolled out of an MPI game a few days ago. Any thoughts?
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

By who exactly? Wasn't me as I like playing MPI. If you were trolled, chances are it was from one of the IP addresses I listed above. Banning said IPs will prevent them from joining your game, unless they find a proxy to use. Banning them is your choice. I can provide the IPs, but only you can actually ban them.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Looks like the same old usual suspect forgot to take his medicine again.

Oh and it might be worth reverting that spawn height "fix" that certain persons recommended a while ago, as it is this that allows the spawn killing to be so effective.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

If you guys want to stop being griefed than don't offer yourself up as amusement to the griefer. Griefers drink the tears of the griefed and as long as you let yourself be confused and visibly frustrated then you will provide an endless source of amusement -- without that, the griefing becomes nothing more than a cruel act.

The problem is more that the 'innocent' players don't know how to keep IP lists. If said griefer is using proxy or VPN software to get around having his IP address perma banned then do the other thing, instead of keeping IP 'black lists' then use a white listing policy.

If a griefer is using a proxy than simply compare the IP of a known good player to that of the joiner and kick said joiner if you suspect him of impersonating a player that you know.

Thirdly. Thug recycler variants. If you give a player a thug rec than make sure that he is not marching a constructor to your base. If that's happening than kick the player immediately.

If said player is using a nick thats hard to type or similar to that of another player, then do a /list and /kick # -- where # is the ID of the player who shows up on the player list.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Irk vanity tiger

why are you accusing me of griefing?
i only report it when i get griefed and i would see no point in griefing my own game
i only want to play this game and this is all i get first i gt griefed several times
and then i get accused of being the griefer.
if this is the warm welcome i get, i should just look on the internet for a different battlezone community if it exists or
play singleplayer