BZ2 1.3.6.4b patch - OPEN BETA & TESTING

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

vlad_C0M
Rattler

Re: BZ2 1.3.6.4b patch - OPEN BETA & TESTING

Post by vlad_C0M »

Death Cooldown Timer its Great Idea!
by the way , I think Stock Mode need balancing !for it! too. (not as VSR)
(Maby give pilots more faster ammo gain on 4 seconds maby)

Now there is a practical axiom == loss of the first Scout == 90% of the defeat
Scion dream ۩
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

GSH wrote: Dying in your base was meant to have *exactly* the same respawn height as 1.2 -- no penalty. It was the stupid decisions out in the field or in the enemy base would have a tactical cost. But, hey, FPSers don't seem to want to think
Umm yeah. Those games have a penalty in order to prevent an enemy from immediately coming back after you and revenge ganking you 5 seconds later.

In BZ2, once you've been made a pilot, you're impotent because you have to wait for another ship, or it costs your team time and money to build another ship for you. THATS your penalty. The threat of losing your sniper rifle is another penalty (leading players to be more careful against dying the first time).

I don't think you realize that the game is ALREADY excessively harsh towards those that lose their ships in ST. It has gotten to the point where those who cannot fight as well have a much harder time than they did in 1.2 where they could at least fast-run as soon as they seen a strong opponent and get away nearly 100% of the time.

Adding more penalties for the sake of 'realism', in a game where you drive orange tanks and every planet and moon has 1G gravity. Kind of goes against the spirit of what BZ2 has become. People dont want realism, they want immersion, or to better explain, the *appearance* of realism. Actual realism sucks unless you are aiming for a sim, which is an entirely different game type than most people go for most of the time.
Last edited by Zero Angel on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

my vote is for the Mega-MITS™ mine in the center of the map which is activated by the repeat spawn killers followed by...the Mega MCurtain™. :geek:
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

ZA, if you want we could fix all the gravities so they are accurate. :P

And if you are stuck in the air due to dying in the field, isn't it similar to being useless in the base? Honestly, I thought it was supposed to be worse when the enemy refused to kill you while you were a pilot out in the field, making you walk back or need to agro an AI unit. But now suddenly it is the fault of the respawn height? Silly silly. First it isn't high enough because ppl get spawn killed, then it's too high, and it just goes on depending on who is complaining. Right now, I think its probably the least people complaining, so that is well sorted. I think respawn height option is nice, but you know if that exists people will just bitch about its default value.

The truth is, the respawn height is only an EXTRA problem when your base doesn't have a unit ready for you. If it does, then you get into the 'immediate re-gank' situation. I would suggest making the height have a min and max and having gametime be a factor but we all know that if you respawned on the ground in base immediately you are more likely to run and lose your ship, which would have the vets biching about that instead.

Come up with some ideas, weight them all at the same time with all their pros and cons (not just the pros and cons for your group) and come up with a final amalgamation solution.

EDIT: Final note, realism does not explain an extra spawn height penalty, using "for the sake of realism" the way you just did is invalid.

EDIT2: And by just I mean... over a week ago?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I say that randomizing the X,Y, and Z coords of the respawn location by 10m would be good enough at reducing kills at respawn while also not having side effects, since anyone who is attempting to camp the player's spawn point have to keep adjusting their aim and would eventually miss their target before he could jetpack.
I think respawn height option is nice, but you know if that exists people will just bitch about its default value.
People are used to changing settings off of defaults where necessary. My mod VSR turns off starting turrets by default because people were previously disabling starting rats manually until it was made into the new default setting for those game modes.
ZA, if you want we could fix all the gravities so they are accurate. :P
I dont think that would be a good idea. People are too used to things the way they are now. Besides, the low gravity physics of BZ2 kind of suck. There's no way to make yourself fall faster (e.g. by boosting downwards), and you lose the ability to control your craft if you are high off the ground.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep