Greatest Games Of All Time

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Greatest Games Of All Time

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:
Red Spot wrote:Next is the war readiness thing ... stupid! I dont want to play some gamemode just so it changes the outcome of my SP-campaign. That part was also slightly hacked in my game ... 100% readiness all the way :)
You've never needed to play anything other than singleplayer to increase readiness.
You do if you want the full ending. Note how there are several variants beyond the color swap that can change the ending length by between 1-5 seconds or so with different scenes. Another ripoff really.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Even the ending that requires the highest EMS (one of the Destroy ones, can't remember the exact value other than that it's several thousand) can be reached without.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:Even the ending that requires the highest EMS (one of the Destroy ones, can't remember the exact value other than that it's several thousand) can be reached without.
IIRC not until AFTER the patch that adjusted the ending.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:Even the ending that requires the highest EMS (one of the Destroy ones, can't remember the exact value other than that it's several thousand) can be reached without.
Perhaps it can, if you know the characteristics of it all, but that would require me to read up on an unwanted feature .. that is not how I wish to play games. Besides that, if I do not do sidemissions, for whatever reason, I miss elements of the ending just because of a feature that makes you do stuff outside the actuall campaign. This is the first game that I know of that does something like that and I hope to never see it again.
Just my opinion, and apparently that opinion is shared by a lot of people. Since the hack I mentioned is readily available on the net.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:
IIRC not until AFTER the patch that adjusted the ending.
It was widely believed by the community that that was the case, but it never was.
Red Spot wrote:Perhaps it can, if you know the characteristics of it all, but that would require me to read up on an unwanted feature .. that is not how I wish to play games. Besides that, if I do not do sidemissions, for whatever reason, I miss elements of the ending just because of a feature that makes you do stuff outside the actuall campaign. This is the first game that I know of that does something like that and I hope to never see it again.
Just my opinion, and apparently that opinion is shared by a lot of people. Since the hack I mentioned is readily available on the net.
It was never implied that you had to play multiplayer; that's another misconception that sprang from the forum community (much like the hate for BZ2). Not doing sidemissions, on the other hand, will be detrimental.

Besides, the multiplayer is fun.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!